Callaway and...Cleveland? The Next Great WR Tandem?

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I like Powell, kid has guts and will fight! If our Offense will fight and gut it out like this kid then we have a shot at being really good!

I agree that we all remember Calloway but it was Powell that gave us the opportunity to win. Kid laid it all on the line late in the game and if he doesn't throw the block on the 4th and 14 we don't score there. Great example of a self-less player!

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The WR unit is pretty young, so I think we'll see the collective WR group improve overall, but we won't have any 1,000 yard guys... yet. I'm just happy that there is a legit discussion on who our playmakers will be because we finally now have more than two options.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I'm thinking (and hoping of course) that we'll have a whack-a-mole offense sort of like New England .... the defense can't game plan to stop one guy, because we'll just feed the others from amongst a bunch of (almost) equally dangerous playmakers. Needs a brainy QB who can identify mismatches before the ball is snapped. (And then get the ball to the right place.) I think that's where Coach Mac is headed.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody is replacing a healthy Powell, except on returns. He fights for the goal line every time, unlike some who inexplicably step out of bounds.

Yet another reason that I am glad Mr. Robinson has moved on. Catch a pass, dance for 3 seconds, then jump out of bounds. What a talent.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think a lot of people are going to catch a lot of passes. There are definitely some matchup problems other teams will have to deal with. Pray for that O line.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yet another reason that I am glad Mr. Robinson has moved on. Catch a pass, dance for 3 seconds, then jump out of bounds. What a talent.
Agreed. However he made some plays in the Tenn, Ole Miss and Vandy games that no one else on our roster could.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If spring reports are any indication, Hammond and Swain can be reliable targets.

If spring reports were any indication, Debose and Deonte would be in Canton already, and Fulwood would have 2 Heismans by now... :lol:

I agree that there are a lot of intriguing options to catch the ball - lots of speed and depth. The keys are Callaway's return, Powell, a TE to step up and most importantly, the OL needs to improve. Dramatically.

But there is a lot of 'realistic' hope at all of these positions for the first time in a long time.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016

And don't forget how he loved waving the ball in one hand while performing his dance routine. When he caught a ball I often wondered, "Is he trying to make forward progress or auditioning for Dancing with the Stars?".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.