Cards trade Rosen to Fins

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Cardinals trade QB Josh Rosen to Dolphins for picks

The Arizona Cardinals shipped Rosen to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for Miami's second-round pick (62nd overall), which the Cardinals used to select wide receiver Andy Isabella, and a 2020 fifth-round pick

Trade grumblings surrounding Rosen, the 10th overall pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, grew louder Friday morning after the Cardinals selected quarterback Kyler Murray on Thursday night as the No. 1 overall pick of the 2019 NFL Draft.

Reports then surfaced Friday morning that Rosen had unfollowed the Cardinals' social media pages on Instagram and Twitter.

Comment as you desire. It seems different than the plan that I had heard that the Fins were going to flop and rebuild entirely.

Rosen's rookie season in Arizona had more than its share of ups and down, as the Cardinals struggled en route to a 3-13 record, which led to the firing of head coach Steve Wilks. Rosen finished the year appearing in 14 games with 13 starts, completing 217 of 393 passes (55.2 percent) for 2,278 yards and 11 touchdowns against 14 interceptions. He was sacked 45 times and posted a 66.7 passer rating.

In Miami, Rosen gets a fresh start on a team looking for a franchise quarterback for first-year head coach Brian Flores. The Dolphins traded Ryan Tannehill to the Tennessee Titans in March, and then signed veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick as a stop-gap option.

Still, the trade for Rosen signals the Dolphins expect the second-year pro to immediately compete for the starting job.

The 6-foot-4, 226-pound Rosen was one of five quarterbacks selected in the first round in 2018, and he'll join two of them -- New York's Sam Darnold and Buffalo's Josh Allen -- in the AFC East.

Rosen now has the distinction of becoming the highest-drafted quarterback before turning 23 years old in the Common Draft Era. The previous high was Brett Favre, who was the 33rd overall pick with the Atlanta Falcons in 1991.

Rosen also becomes the first quarterback selected in the top 10 to be traded within his first two profession seasons, excluding players traded prior to rookie season.

Shortly after the trade, the newest Dolphins quarterback immediately followed his employer on Instagram.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Rosen is still an unknown and definitely has some question marks. But I honestly think this is the first real potential star that Miami has had at QB in a long, long time. Rather than the 3rd/4th rounders, the career “fillers, the over-the-hill head cases, and the just plain “who the hell?”s, he has legit star power to build around.

In any event, I’m hoping it works out for GatorJ’s sake.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Dolphins screwed up. They need a QB with skills and also a leadership mentality. There were a couple available in the draft and they passed on them to trade for a guy that sucks.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Dolphins screwed up. They need a QB with skills and also a leadership mentality. There were a couple available in the draft and they passed on them to trade for a guy that sucks.
as long as he has a safe space, he'll be ok :grin:

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
as long as he has a safe space, he'll be ok :grin:
In Rosen's favor, the fan base and media have been worn down by 20 years of ****ty QB play since Marino retired. He will be pretty safe. They gave Tannehill a long time and while he had some highlights he wasn't a consistent winner. The Dolphins need a baller and leader like Grier or maybe even Lock or Haskins. They got a dud. I'm glad I only casually follow them anymore. The team has been a disaster since Marino left, I think they had one or two good years. They've also been even worse since Huizenga sold it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There was never any doubt he would be.

“Hey, this guy converted from WR to QB while in college and was a turnover machine in the Big 12. Let’s use a first round draft pick on him!!!”
he wasnt very good at WR either, and aTm had no qb's so they just grabbed a schlub who wouldn't be missed from one of the other units and put a red practice shirt on him. Then the fins were like "wow, thats amazing!"

:facepalm:

:trainwreck:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There was never any doubt he would be.

“Hey, this guy converted from WR to QB while in college and was a turnover machine in the Big 12. Let’s use a first round draft pick on him!!!”

Keep in mind this is the same franchise that in back to back years('06, '07) selected injured players that had been unable to finish their last college seasons or compete at the NFL combine due to injury. In the case of Allen, it wasn't just an injury. It was a dislocated hip mid 2005 season. This is the guy they chose with the 16th overall. A defensive back that could barely walk at the time, and one who his own fans had video compilations of him being run over by RBs and WRs.

So nothing surprises me anymore. That's why I do at least like the Rosen trade on the surface. It does at least make sense. Whether it works or not is another story.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
he wasnt very good at WR either, and aTm had no qb's so they just grabbed a schlub who wouldn't be missed from one of the other units and put a red practice shirt on him. Then the fins were like "wow, thats amazing!"

:facepalm:

:trainwreck:

Well they did hire his coach (who was fired) to be their OC when they drafted him....

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Keep in mind this is the same franchise that in back to back years('06, '07) selected injured players that had been unable to finish their last college seasons or compete at the NFL combine due to injury. In the case of Allen, it wasn't just an injury. It was a dislocated hip mid 2005 season. This is the guy they chose with the 16th overall. A defensive back that could barely walk at the time, and one who his own fans had video compilations of him being run over by RBs and WRs.

So nothing surprises me anymore. That's why I do at least like the Rosen trade on the surface. It does at least make sense. Whether it works or not is another story.
Ted Ginn draft pick was a real doozy. Granted, Brady Quinn sucked in the NFL, and he was the "other" choice in that scenario. But at the same time, they could have also picked someone else who was still available, like...........say..........Marshawn Lynch.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No risk for the Phins.

They get him cheap. Low 2nd round pick and a 5th next year. He’s on his rookie contract and the Cards paid the fat signing bonus. He’s cheap enough to be a back up.

Next year’s QB draft class looks really good. If he sucks, they can draft Tua, the kid from Oregon, or whoever emerges (always a couple).

If he’s good...

Regardless.

The Phins might be the least talented team in the league. They need help up and down the roster. Gase was a good coach. He led them to a better record (and lower draft picks) than they should have had.

I don’t see a light at the end of the tunnel for the Phins. I think as the Pats start falling back, the Jets are better positioned to move up.

Alex.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No risk for the Phins.

They get him cheap. Low 2nd round pick and a 5th next year. He’s on his rookie contract and the Cards paid the fat signing bonus. He’s cheap enough to be a back up.

Next year’s QB draft class looks really good. If he sucks, they can draft Tua, the kid from Oregon, or whoever emerges (always a couple).

If he’s good...

Regardless.

The Phins might be the least talented team in the league. They need help up and down the roster. Gase was a good coach. He led them to a better record (and lower draft picks) than they should have had.

I don’t see a light at the end of the tunnel for the Phins. I think as the Pats start falling back, the Jets are better positioned to move up.

Alex.

Exactly, they only owe him I believe $6 million over the next three and still have the 5th year option. The Dolphins got him for basically nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator