CFB: 25 Takeaways from Week 10

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some of the takeaways of note:

You better believe Will Muschamp is coming to Gainesville to kick our ass. If Butters doesn't get his sh*t together it will get really, really ugly in Gainesville.

https://coachingsearch.com/article?a=The-Inside-Zone--24-takeaways-from-Week-10

3. Arkansas absolutely owned Florida in the trenches, and Bret Bielema vowed that the Auburn game wouldn’t happen again.

Auburn ran for 543 yards in the Hogs’ last game. On Saturday, Arkansas gave up 12 rushing yards (0.9 per carry) to Florida in a 31-10 win.

“There's been a lot of times where we've been running all over people, and I never really had been on the receiving end of that,” Bielema said. “… To come out of that game and realize we couldn't stop the run, I just said, ‘I don't care what we do, we're going to stop the run on defense. If we have to play with 12, I'll take the penalty. We ain't going to have somebody run the ball on us. And I think they had 12 yards today, so that message was delivered and sent and accepted, and I think that was really good.

“Our kids played with an attitude, and it really just reconfirmed how well they'll respond.”

4. Urban Meyer’s first line after Ohio State’s 62-3 win over No. 10 Nebraska: “I didn’t see that one coming.”

The Buckeyes had 590 yards of offense, gave up just 204 yards and had two pick-sixes. Tommy Armstrong left the game with an injury, and the game really broke open after that. But that’s one of the largest margins of defense in a top-10 game ever. A growing moment for Meyer's young team.

“I saw Texas A&M lose to Mississippi State,” Meyer said. “I was actually watching part of that, and I just thought, we've all been around this sport long enough that the youth, when that youth grows up, it's kind of cool to watch. And I'm hoping that's what's happening here. I'm not saying it is yet, because we've still got a lot left.”

5. NC State again failed to make a critical play at the end of the game, and it cost them again.

In Week 7, they missed a chip-shot field goal that would have beaten Clemson. On Saturday, leading Florida State 20-17 with 3:16 to play, NC State dropped a interception in the end zone, and FSU scored a 19-yard touchdown in the very next play.

The Wolfpack have lost four straight and sit at 4-5, finishing with Syracuse, Miami and North Carolina. It’ll be the fourth time in four years NC State failed to record a winning record in the ACC under Dave Doeren. He has three home ACC wins in four years. How NC State finishes the year will be something to pay attention to.

6. Will Muschamp shared some advice for Barry Odom at the handshake following South Carolina’s 31-21 win, as captured by ABC17.

“You’re a hell of a coach, and I know how it is, my years at Florida. Don’t let them get your ass down. Stay f***ing positive.”

Really cool moment here during the coaches handshake. USC HC Will Muschamp had some advice for @MizzouFootball HC Barry Odom. pic.twitter.com/JFf8bfzxJJ

— Andrew Kauffman (@A_Kauff) November 6, 2016
As for Muschamp, he’s got South Carolina at 5-4 with a game against struggling FCS Western Carolina in two weeks, so the Gamecocks are likely going bowling. He could also beat Florida next week — wouldn't that be something? A hire that was criticized, Muschamp has done a very good job in his first year in Columbia.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
From SDS:

4. Jim McElwain, your free pass has expired: I gave him one last year. The Gators were rolling under Will Grier — and still probably would be, mind you. Treon Harris was a slow receiver masquerading as a quarterback. That was never going to work. So most of us looked the other way at the predictable and explainable second-half offensive collapse.

No more. Baylor put a receiver at quarterback and hung 49 points against North Carolina in a bowl game last season. Auburn, LSU have gotten by pretty well without an above average quarterback. Florida? It needed its defense to score its lone touchdown against an Arkansas team that had given up 38 points or more four times this season.

Change the system. Adapt to what you have and find a way. The East has never been more winnable, and the Gators are in serious danger of losing it.

------------

This is what burns my ass about McElwain and the QB situation. Baylor used a WR at QB. He's supposed to be some QB expert....well, wtf?

And the last part: CHANGE THE SYSTEM!

IT AIN'T WORKING!!!!

DO SOMETHING!!!

He's a dud! A stick in the mud. In over his head. Clueless!

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Alabama won a Sec title with a ****ing linebacker as a qb.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Mac said he could win with his dog at QB. Put a jersey on fido and prove to us ignorant fans how good you are coach.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I really feel like the tide has turned on Mac. At this point it is a "when" not an "if". Foley needs to to be vacated from all athletic facilities. Let Stricklin make some decisions good or bad. I know that with Foley with his hand in the pot is a huge mistake waiting to happen. He can't pick a football coach to save his life. Foley's legacy is tarnished.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I really feel like the tide has turned on Mac. At this point it is a "when" not an "if". Foley needs to to be vacated from all athletic facilities. Let Stricklin make some decisions good or bad. I know that with Foley with his hand in the pot is a huge mistake waiting to happen. He can't pick a football coach to save his life. Foley's legacy is tarnished.
He's extremely unlikeable. He can only blame himself for all of this. He first turned the media against him by his snarky post gamers, and the fans have slowly turned as well. The worst part is if he was a smart man he could correct and fix all of this. Self evaluate, hire better coaches and recruiters. But the betting man in me says he won't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.