Chris "Juice" Johnson Dies

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I really thought he was going to get into the mix when he changed to RB. He looked good in the spring game, after changing to RB. RIP Gator!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is this another vestige of the Muschamp era?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I read that it was a self inflicted gunshot wound to the chest. They found him dead in his car.

Dec 10, 2014
It's sad when any young person takes their life. Whether it be from bullying, health issues, or depression/drugs.

I'm surprised that this doesn't happen more with these big-time recruits that don't pan out. These kids have NFL dreams. I think coming short of those dreams could be wrenching and make some of these kids lost in life. I have no data or anything, but I don't think a lot of these athletes take their educations seriously . If you don't pan out in your sport and don't take your education seriously, you could be starting back at square one while people you went to high school with are starting graduate programs, etc. I don't know if that's the case with him or not, but I'm just surprised that there aren't more issues like this with football and basketball players. I actually hope all of the power five conferences make freshman ineligible. While they probably aren't doing it for the right reasons, I think the results and benefit to the players would be wonderful.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
R.I.P. Chris Johnson. It's so sad when someone w/so much potential takes their life.

And on another note, watching that YouTube video of his, doing a pre-game entrance, got me pumped to see another year of that team, and those players, under-performing and losing another game. :facepalm:

I sure hope Coach Mac turns that tendency around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.