Clemson is in shambles; new QB has season-ending injury

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did you read the article? Clemson literally shut down the men's T&F and CC teams due to financial restraints (claiming they didn't have the money to field those teams), which everyone knows is a joke. T&F and CC share the total scholarships = 12.6 total. Most schools give CC 2 or 3 to split among the entire team, the remaining 9.6 go to the T&F teams to split up among the entire team (rarely, rarely does a T&F athlete get a full scholarship). This is similar w/ baseball. Anyhow, the woman's team joined w/ the closed down men's program to hire lawyers to say they were treated unfairly, and they used Title IX as an excuse - both teams share coaches, so they said it impacted them too. We can joke about the cars issue, but the T&F athletes were simply asking to keep their program intact - and saying that the football players were treated much better than them (and personally, I think they should be, as they are the bread winners). Anyhow, it was a good read....and the football program/AD's office got thrown under the bus by the lowly T&F athletes.

Yes I read the article. I simply chose to make fun of the car issue because the athletes chose to use it as an example of the disparity in treatment as if to subtly suggest that football players at most schools get cars which is not true.

Besides, eventually this is where athletics is going. The final landing spot will be semi-professional football players (if not outright professionals) funding elaborate treatment for all athletes.
These days no group with a grievance will stop once they taste success.

Sorry if I was reading ahead

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.