Coach Mac on Harbaugh

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
http://espn.go.com/college-football...an-wolverines-jim-harbaugh-pressing-envelopes

How is this not a thread?

This is especially troubling...

"
McElwain, who was admittedly embarrassed by his team's 41-7 loss to Michigan in the Citrus Bowl in January, stayed out of the fray.

He said he held out-of-town practices while coaching at Eastern Washington and at Montana State. But he has no plans for the Gators to work outside of Gainesville.

"I know the administration would hate to see the budget cost," McElwain said. "So I'm not asking for it."

That's pretty damning on Foley if you ask me. And Mac seems like a straight up guy to boot.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Why would we hold practices outside of Gainesville though? We are already where everybody wants to be at this time of the year....

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I thought I heard he was going to go to IMG and watch Michigan's practices.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Mac's already given the best response by an SEC coach. Since Harbaugh was within the current rules and savvy enough to come down to FL and have practices here, he's at least not posturing being butthurt like Bielema/Jones/Freeze/Sankey et al.

Next Harbaugh wants to have a camp in AL? We'll see if Nick can remand that!

Like it or not, Harbaugh is becoming pure genious in recruiting. He's on the front page every day and twitter-smacking anyone who counters him. The recruits eat it up. It's a matter of time before Urb's spasms flare up or Harbaugh flames out but it will surely be interesting.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He said he held out-of-town practices while coaching at Eastern Washington and at Montana State. But he has no plans for the Gators to work outside of Gainesville.
That's pretty damning on Foley if you ask me. And Mac seems like a straight up guy to boot.

.... that's so typical of you Trex, wanting to boot a straight up guy. :confused:

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Yeah, lots of SEC coaches had their feathers ruffled when UM announced IMG. But in the long haul, Harbaugh is going to be a bigger pain to The Urbs than to any SEC coach. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he forced Meyer into yet another retirement.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I still don't see what the big deal is.

I believe that if we have good recruiters on our staff (notice I said if) then it should be very easy to turn this around.
"Michigan comes to Florida for one week to enjoy what you have here year round."

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, lots of SEC coaches had their feathers ruffled when UM announced IMG. But in the long haul, Harbaugh is going to be a bigger pain to The Urbs than to any SEC coach. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he forced Meyer into yet another retirement.

I don't know. We were in desperate need of linebackers and there were about three or four we were targeting in South Florida. Linebacker or LB/DE hybrids. They were considered heavy leans and committed to Meatchicken in the last week sort of unexpectedly.

He's very much a threat to us.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Have to wonder what he is really selling. I can't imagine any young baller to want to go to Michigan to play when he can stay in sunny FLA/.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I believe that if we have good recruiters on our staff (notice I said if) then it should be very easy to turn this around.
"Michigan comes to Florida for one week to enjoy what you have here year round."

+1000!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Harbaugh should see our "in-your-face" UF billboard : "What's the bikini season in Ann Arbor?"

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody asked you. We know how you feel fam.

You don't think that this is an odd comment?

"I know the administration would hate to see the budget cost," McElwain said. "So I'm not asking for it."

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
You don't think that this is an odd comment?

If you look at it as odd, then sure, it's odd. If asked about JH's trip to IMG Mac said "I don't give a schit," some would say he didn't give a schit about Michigan. Others would panic and say Mac doesn't care about recruiting and so forth. I personally think he was saying they probably spent a ton of money on the trip, one that isn't necessary for UF to make. It was him stating two things that seem like common knowledge. Why would he ask the administration to spend a boat load of money to go somewhere for spring ball and where do you suggest they go?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I read it as Foley doesn't like to spend money. I mean no one's been saying that at all.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yeah, Foley should drop a cool half mil or so on the gang to travel to a northern state this time of year and have the first spring practice at the IPF occupied by the local spinning club

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I read it as Foley doesn't like to spend money. I mean no one's been saying that at all.

Is that sarcasm? Because at least half of the GCMB has said that... Repeatedly.

I wonder if it's a subtle jab at meatchicken, a key member in a conference of academic snobbery who is dumping an irresponsible amount of money to hold "a spring practice" (recruit) like they're an NFL franchise. At the same time, he's applauding harbaw's creative thinking that doesn't break the current rules, therefore not looking petty like the other SEC coaches who have protested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Why would we pay money to camp outside of Gainesville? Michigan needs to get access to Florida kids... we already have that access. I don't have any interest in trying to recruit in Michigan.

This is a moronic post just looking for a reason to bash Foley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator