Coach Mac's Postgame presser (Vandy)

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gator Fever;n309050 said:
Mac is right - just win baby!!!

That is true, but the process is what will determine the results over time. I am not saying I predicted what happened against Vandy, but this has been in the making for some time especially on offense. Now you can't blame the coaches for the onfield turnovers, but a handful of things have been obvious over the last month especially with Harris at QB. The play calling has been dreadful. 11 of 13 possessions reach Vandy territory and yields 9 points. DRob continues to carry the ball like a loaf of bread. Harris fumbles b/c he had the ball in the incorrect hand. Those things are attention to detail. The play calling is doing nothing to help Harris. The O-line sux and Harris sux in the pocket, yet they continue to try that. They don;t need trick plays, they need to be less predictable. If I know what they are going to call almost before they break the huddle you know the opponent knows. The attention to detail has been poor the last 2 weeks and the play calling has been no friend to Harris. Again, Harris is not that good, but more zone read, more bootleg off hard play action on early downs, etc. is needed. Harris can't continue to make plays on broken scrambles. He needs help so he can use his legs on designed play calls. And can we use the TE a little? That would help Harris. And with such an awful O-line how about more screens or perhaps isolating a RB on a LB on a designed route, whcih we never do.

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is something really special.

He pretends to be a dumb hick from Montana. But he is SO not dumb. He's smart like a fox. His Good Ole Boy schtick used to annoy me, now I'm just appreciating the hell out of it.

The other thing I notice is that he not only talks the talk, he walks it too, baby. When asked about what this SECE title meant to him.....he totally blew it off. "Not what it means to me, what it means to Gators, and the kids in the locker room".

That's Leadership, with a capital "L".

As I've said before.....this year, we are in icing on the cake territory, Gators.

I really love this coach. No whining, no excuses. Nose down, do the work, reap the rewards. It's a great plan....for football, or for living a good life.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Blonde Gator;n309102 said:
When asked about what this SECE title meant to him.....he totally blew it off. "Not what it means to me, what it means to Gators, and the kids in the locker room".

I really wanted one of the reporters to ask "Aren't you a Gator now too coach?".

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n309105 said:
I really wanted one of the reporters to ask "Aren't you a Gator now too coach?".

I took his answer the exact opposite way.

As in "it's NOT about me". I loved that. I thought it was an epic teaching moment.....it's all about the team. And the University, and Gator traditions.

Having said that.....I know what Mac's answer would have been to your follow-on..."Hell yeah, I'm the MacDaddy Gator!"

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Love his attitude. It was an ugly win but I will take an ugly win all day long when so much is on the line.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014

After 4 years of that, I'm grateful for somebody with Coach McElwain's grown up attitude.

Attachments

• conv_5205.gif
    conv_5205.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 30

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It's pretty obvious that Mac does not care for the media. After every hard question he ends with a question about "who won" or something to that effect. I'm not complaining since I don't care for the media either. I do agree with FireFoley however, that the offensive play calling has been atrocious. They have been calling plays as though Harris is a drop back QB and that the offensive line can actually block somebody. Having said all that, who would have thunk we would be 8-1 and heading for Atlanta. How about that defense. They are really good and should have pitched a shutout except for the best block of the day by the ref on Keanu.

I predicted Navy beating Memphis and I predict Florida winning the next 3 games and beating Free Shoes U in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator