Coaching candidates for 2024

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I certainly don't remember a time when UF beat writers were as openly critical of a coach that wasn't a dead man walking, but these are strange times indeed.
Sometimes in these situations it's just a matter of reading the headline or hearing the official announcement....anyone with half a brain and a lick of perception has known the outcome of Napier's tenure since right after the Arky game...just a matter of making it official now.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Oh, and let's not kid ourselves either about the fact that Urban Meyer has now been on 5-6 Gator related podcast over the last 3-4 weeks.....he smells blood in the water and is ready to bring back the glory
Ohio State Football GIF

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm really starting to feel the same. Maybe he doesn't want the job back, but he's clearly emotionally invested in our status and is disgusted by what he's seeing from this staff and program.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
I vote for Kiffin. It's instant name recognition and it gets everyone talking about us and how good our offense could potentially be. I get it that he's an ass and nobody here really likes him. But he's the best choice.
Obviously Urban would be great also
. He left us in a horrible way. I don't like him as a person. But he would have a top 5 recruiting class off the bat. Who knows if he's even interested though.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm really starting to feel the same. Maybe he doesn't want the job back, but he's clearly emotionally invested in our status and is disgusted by what he's seeing from this staff and program.
Very interesting what we are seeing out of Meyer. I have no clue what, who, how, or when things would change at UF. BUT, Urb's is the kind of guy that will surprise you. With the way shyt is going now, nothing would surprise me.
Now I listen to Shane’s podcast everyday, and all summer he was pumping up this team, saying they were gonna surprise. He was really high on Mertz and the front 7. He was thinking at least 8 wins. He was right on QB, but not much else. He won’t publicly say it, but I’m sure he now think like most of the message board, that Billy is in over his head.
:exactly: He says a lot of things without saying a lot. I am sure he's cautious due to his job with the GRN but his demeanor to me speaks even more so. Now JC on the other hand, he is very vocal and especially about "Gators" that could come in when that would happen. Good show and like the perspective they have.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Kiffin will NEVER be the coach here.
Yes he is not good enough to coach UF. That bum knows hows to hire quality coordinators, has won 10 games in the SEC west two out of the last three years always has a aggressive offense that scores a lot of points with downfield passing and a brutal running game, and his best coaching is ahead of him. Pales in comparison to the last 4 pieces of **** that have been deemed worthy to lead the Gators. Kiffin is not perfect but he would be my third call after Day and Lanning.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yes he is not good enough to coach UF. That bum knows hows to hire quality coordinators, has won 10 games in the SEC west two out of the last three years always has a aggressive offense that scores a lot of points with downfield passing and a brutal running game, and his best coaching is ahead of him. Pales in comparison to the last 4 pieces of **** that have been deemed worthy to lead the Gators. Kiffin is not perfect but he would be my third call after Day and Lanning.
Good enough or not he will NEVER be the coach at UF.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I always find it interesting how UF fans seem comfortable speculating on people who haven't proven themselves in a big-time environment and yet when the subject turns to Kiffin the evaluation process can suddenly turn excruciatingly nitpicky.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It ain't much fun anymore.
That’s why I’m focusing on the players who are buying in. Cheering for them despite whatever discouragements arise is, for me, hanging on to the shreds of college passion and pageantry that do remain.

I like Billy, like his vision and hope the execution comes around. He’s got to light some serious fire under the program and find leaders to spread it NOW. The process is true but the urgency needs to ramp way up. They should be watching Swamp Kings or at least clips of it every day.

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
he'll never be the coach at UF as long as Stricklin is AD. Fire Stricklin and bring in a new AD that values football and Kiffin becomes a candidate for us. Some of you think the UAA is the one cock blocking Kiffin. They're not. That's fact.

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
That’s why I’m focusing on the players who are buying in. Cheering for them despite whatever discouragements arise is, for me, hanging on to the shreds of college passion and pageantry that do remain.

I like Billy, like his vision and hope the execution comes around. He’s got to light some serious fire under the program and find leaders to spread it NOW. The process is true but the urgency needs to ramp way up. They should be watching Swamp Kings or at least clips of it every day.
Let me ask you a question and I'm not being an ass asking you this...what do you mean you like his "vision"? What vision are you talking about because Napier clearly has no vision or it's extremely deluded. And "the process is true"? What process? Because his process has shown it's straight trash these past 2 years. There's absolutely nothing internally that's improved since the day he was hired. Our S&C program is trash now. Our nutritional program is trash. Staff hirings was a complete disaster. Play calling is a disaster. Player development is a disaster. NOTHING Napier has done or instituted since day 1 has improved. We've digressed 5 steps since the day he was hired and that's a simple fact.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
One thing I've learned throughout my life and career....You NEVER, say NEVER.
IF, we hired Kiffen.
The day he walks on campus, Swagger returns.

Lanning, Day, Kiffen.........The "splash" we need, Outside of Urbs that is, to return this program to glory, before even playing one single game.

Another "coordinator", another "Lower division", another "up and comer", and the further our program sinks in the doldrums.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Bruhs we don’t even know if anyone wants our job. We thinks it’s good, but big time coaches may not and may not be interested in coming onboard.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I vote for Kiffin. It's instant name recognition and it gets everyone talking about us and how good our offense could potentially be. I get it that he's an ass and nobody here really likes him. But he's the best choice.
Obviously Urban would be great also
. He left us in a horrible way. I don't like him as a person. But he would have a top 5 recruiting class off the bat. Who knows if he's even interested though.
Been arguing for Kiffy for a while now. He's an offensive guy. A brash A-hole. A closer. Hates Saban. Wears a visor cuz of Spurrier.

Hopefully, he's matured a bit. Needs some Florida junk yard dogs on defense to win a ship. He may be due.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator