College Football National Championship Game Thread

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I was wrong about the QBs - Fromm was much better than Hurts. Tagovailoa was an incredible spark. The 2017 #1 Dual QB edges the 2017 #3 Pro QB after the 2016 #4 Dual QB wasn’t effective. The 2017 #1 RB helped lead Bama’s charge and the #9 WR caught the game winner.

Stars matter. And elite freshmen can make a huge difference.

(Edited because I inexplicably typed “Eason” instead of “Hurts”.)

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was wrong about the QBs - Fromm was much better than Eason. Tagovailoa was an incredible spark. The 2017 #1 Dual QB edges the 2017 #3 Pro QB after the 2016 #4 Dual QB wasn’t effective. The 2017 #1 RB helped lead Bama’s charge and the #9 WR caught the game winner.

Stars matter. And elite freshmen can make a huge difference.

Stars have always mattered.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
457273656.jpg

What difference does it make?I

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Incredible move by Saban to switch QB's. Wow. That kid must really shine in practice. Holy Fcvk.
Fcvk Bammer, Fcvk Georgia, Fcvk the refs, Fcvk the half time show, Fcvk me, Fcvk Everybody.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Turned out to be a great game. That Hawaiian kid can really spin it.

Hurts to transfer?

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Didn't get to watch because I had to get up early for work, but there's a whole lot of happy in this thread! Good laughs with my cereal and OJ.

Oh how I hate the Dwags.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wow! Saban switched tua QB that reminded me of Rex Grossman throwing bullets. Will that kid lead Bama next year, or will Hurts beat him out? Tua could be that "real" QB that Bama rarely schemes with; I mean he'll be much more than a game manager. The game had lots of freshman making impactful statements - effective QBs and WRs.
Next year, who will derail either one of these teams' Amtrack infallibility ??

Mr. SEC

A Very Impatient Grown Up
BANNED
Aug 1, 2014
Wife asked me before the game what I thought. "25% chance we get blown out, 50% chance we lose a close one, 25% change we win". After the game, we have the better team, we do more with less, Bama has better talent. In the end talent wins out. This was a good benchmark. We need to improve at QB, on the OL, and in the secondary. They kept picking on Parrish. That makes sense, he is the weak link. It is bittersweet, but I am encouraged for the future. I was hoping to steal this one. But Bama is Bama, we just need Bama level talent. We will have it soon. I need to go into work.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Another day of living my life having never seen a Georgia national championship. Breathe in the air, it feels great!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1980 is the new 28 to 3. It couldn't have possibly been more heartbreaking for the knuckleheads in Red. Leghumpers everywhere believed after the pitiful FG attempt at the end of regulation that the game was theirs. Then the big sack on Fromm, but the Latino boy with Chris Sabo goggles drills a 50 yarder to give them more hope. Then comes the big sack knocking Bama out of FG range. They believe the game was in hand, and in an instant leghumper hearts broken. Truly beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator