College Game Day Fact of the Day

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There were 37 FBS teams that allowed fewer than 24 PPG last season. The Gators were the only one with a losing record.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not surprised...we were offensive on offense..but still pretty defensive on defense.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n22261 said:
There were 37 FBS teams that allowed fewer than 24 PPG last season. The Gators were the only one with a losing record.

:suicide:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

That is misleading however due to the TOP mess etc. and us not being able to stop teams like LSU from running even when we knew it was coming. That stat is misleading just like the total defense stat was. I think someone said on a yards per play basis our defense was in the 40's last season.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:

That is misleading however due to the TOP mess etc. and us not being able to stop teams like LSU from running even when we knew it was coming. That stat is misleading just like the total defense stat was. I think someone said on a yards per play basis our defense was in the 40's last season.
The fact is just the fact. We are the only team in the FBS that allowed less than 24 ppg and had a losing record. What about that is misleading?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:

It leads people to think our defense was real good last season when it wasn't in reality.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:

The defense was good last year. But teams put the dogs away in the 2nd half because we couldn't score points. The defensive stats are completely misleading. Teams just rand the ball down our throats in the 2nd halves of games. Except for the FSU game. And that was because it was close up until almost half time.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The stat does however highlight how putrid we were on offense.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting, where's Law?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but our offense didn't play very well during the games last year. Just my two cents.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n22506 said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but our offense didn't play very well during the games the last four years
FIFY.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:

How many plays did our defense have? I bet they were on the field twice as much as the top defenses. Throw that in the mix and our defense looked pretty damn good. It's hard to believe we lost 4 games by 7 points or less. Those four games would have made a huge difference. That's where Pease's incompetence really shined.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:

The defense wasn't special, but we are talking Florida Football and 24 ppg. Regardless of what the other team does, we should never finish the season with a losing record with a defense allowing only 24 ppg game. The defense was good, but had it problems especially up the middle. It just shows how complete inept our offense was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.