Colorado State pounces on the Dazzler; fans take to the streets to rejoice

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
He spent 7 seasons at BC? It seems like he left Temple not too long ago.

Believe it or not, Temple is on their 3rd head coach, 4th if you count Manny Diaz’ 2 week stint, since Daz left them for BC.

And 5th HC if you count interim Ed Foley. Personally I don’t think interims count, though.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Temple, one of the few teams in CFB to have a winning record against us.

I find it interesting to look at some of these lower tier programs and see interesting tidbits about their history (I.e.-whether they ever had success, famous coaches or players, etc.). I guess Temple was pretty good back in the 20s & 30s. Also found out that Temple played in the inaugural Sugar Bowl and that Pop Warner was a head coach at Temple as was Bruce Arians.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So, is DM the most successful former assistant of old Urbs?

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
...I mean, it's Boston College--what are they really expecting here? 6-7 wins per year and bowl eligibility in 6 of 7 years is pretty much going to be the norm, no matter who's coaching. Once every 20 years or so, they'll sneak in the top 10, but that's basically it.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Believe it or not, Temple is on their 3rd head coach, 4th if you count Manny Diaz’ 2 week stint, since Daz left them for BC.

And 5th HC if you count interim Ed Foley. Personally I don’t think interims count, though.
If I were a Temple fan/alum, I'd feel lucky Manny Diaz bolted for Miami. You have to absolutely suck to lose back to back games to FIU and Puke.

jbaker07

Oct 15, 2017
So, is DM the most successful former assistant of old Urbs?

He hasn't even coached an entire season yet, but Ryan Day seems to be doing well at OSU.

Outside of Day, I would say Mullen has easily been the most successful head coach.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Just think if DM would have stayed another season (or two?) and instead of the Daz getting the keys for the weird 2010 season, DM was given the keys. No Chump or Butters. Maybe ... UGA wouldn't be dominating right now. I don't know ... just a thought.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Lol.... he is PERFECT. Chump has already achieved 105th ranked offense, Daz just has to maintain.

Imagine Chump and Daz screaming DIVE DIVE DIVE at each other!
I can’t imagine a better OC for Chump. Also extends USCe long tradition of picking up former UF coaches.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can’t imagine a better OC for Chump. Also extends USCe long tradition of picking up former UF coaches.
And starts the new tradition of picking up former coaches that suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.