Comparing Ourselves to Bama

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It's time to compare our recruiting against the best. This doesn't include 4 stars. If it did we would be further behind. After the 5 star Barnett transferred out, it only left Bama with 17. http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-5-star-players-by-team-and-position/

CURRENT FIVE-STAR PLAYERS BY TEAM
1. Alabama: 18
T2. Georgia 8
T2. Texas A&M 8
4. Florida 6
T5. Auburn 5
T5 LSU 5
T5. Ole Miss 5
T8. Mississippi State 1
T8. Missouri 1
T8. Tennessee 1

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's time to compare our recruiting against the best. This doesn't include 4 stars. If it did we would be further behind. After the 5 star Barnett transferred out, it only left Bama with 17. http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-5-star-players-by-team-and-position/

CURRENT FIVE-STAR PLAYERS BY TEAM
1. Alabama: 18
T2. Georgia 8
T2. Texas A&M 8
4. Florida 6
T5. Auburn 5
T5 LSU 5
T5. Ole Miss 5
T8. Mississippi State 1
T8. Missouri 1
T8. Tennessee 1

Mac is really underperforming then if that is true about the recruiting. A bunch of those teams listed under us are better than us right now imo. Georgia is stinking it up also.

I would think including 4 stars LSU would have to be in front of us on the recruiting list for sure.

What is going to happen to us in the SEC recruit rankings when the Muschamp recruits roll off after this year?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But most 'experts" say LSU is the only team that has as much talent as Bama. Strange

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
But most 'experts" say LSU is the only team that has as much talent as Bama. Strange

They do put almost as many in the NFL it seems. I wonder if their recruiting just dropped off the last 2 years or so maybe.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2016-09-07/college-football-schools-most-players-nfl

According to the link above we are tied for 3rd with active NFL players with Bama right now and LSU is # 1. I know some of them are prior to Muschamp being at UF but what does that say about him as a coach? lol

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They do put almost as many in the NFL it seems (I may be way off on that however). I wonder if their recruiting just dropped off the last 2 years or so maybe.

As of last Draft, no team has had as many players drafted and on opening day rosters as LSU the last decade.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Comparing ourselves to Bama. Is that even worth the effort?

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Isn't our 5 star deficiency on offense somewhat attributed to our performance on the field?

It was my assumption that we'd bring in better talent once we could sell our product on the field (which imo has been hampered by QB injuries).

On the defensive side of the ball. There is no excuse not to be brining in top talent since we have literally been a pipeline into the NFL.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't our 5 star deficiency on offense somewhat attributed to our performance on the field?

It was my assumption that we'd bring in better talent once we could sell our product on the field (which imo has been hampered by QB injuries).

On the defensive side of the ball. There is no excuse not to be brining in top talent since we have literally been a pipeline into the NFL.

We should have no problem with Top Tier D talent in the past, this staff has had some issues bring it in... also in allotting enough spots to bring it in.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It has. Being on the hotseat and the inevitable firing will do that to a school.

... so these "Mac can't stay" rumblings probably hurt Mac's recruiting? ... and the noose being used is
lousy recruiting. Hmmm ... if sunshine pumping could only make it down to recruits ?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Here is good Bama comparison since our downfall began.

09 FL Bama L 13-32
10 FL Bama L 6-31
11 FL Bama L 10-38
14 FL Bama L 21-42
15 FL Bama L 15-29

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Look I get it that we want to compare ourselves to Bama; they are at the top, so why not. However I was brought up with the mentality is that you look at yourself, you see what you are doing right, and work on getting better. Yes getting more 5*s might help. However look at the NFL numbers that were mentioned and you will see that we are doing more with less stars, so does that mean that Florida Coaches are better than Saban? I don't think that is the case, but I believe that we are headed in the right direction with Coach Mac. If we can continue to improve we can have a NC in the near future. We still have a great chance of winning the East and maybe even wining the SECC this year. It comes down to matching up, and if we play like we did against bUTtchug in the first half we can match up with just about anyone.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Currently there isn't a program in the country that compares with Bama. The closest would probably be Ohio State, but even they aren't getting the number of top caliber recruits that Bama is. Combine that with the fact that Saban is a fantastic coach and gets the most out of his assistants and you have a college football dynasty.

Saban is one of the best coaches in the history of the game. Probably top 5 and may end up being in the conversation for best ever if he isn't there already. Nobody compares with Bama right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.