Copper Thermite Science Experiment

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thats 40g of Copper Thermite, enough to fill a little medicine cup. It's lit with a butane torch igniting a magnesium ribbon for the fuse.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How about chelated mercury?
giphy.gif

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Me? Information Security. That's where I've honed my stalking skills. This little experiment is all my 13 yr old son's, with the exception of buying the chemicals and lighting it. Hey, I paid for it, I should at least get to light it up, right? We made Copper Thermite, Iron Thermite, and Plaster Thermite, and set 40g each on the bottom of a different Dew cans and set it off, to see which one created the most damage to the can.

Last years science experiment was a potato gun and which accelerants shot the same size potato projectile the furthest. Right Guard deodorant won that over all styles of hair spray...

Bart, I'll post the plaster one later for you to watch while you're stoned, as its quite the light show...

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Son came in second at his school yesterday with this one. One of the judges told us that if he had better handwriting in the journal, he would beat out the girl that won. @Law98gator Would I have a gender bias action against the judges? We all know 13 yr old boys can't write as neat as girls... Hmmm.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Science is fun.

Go to You-tube & type in thermite vs car. Narrator says "This car was cosen to destroy
because it was old, white and mostly because it's French. Thermite burns through
top-hood, drops in and burns through engine to wind up on the ground below the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator