Founding Member
just the fact that bart's posting in this thread makes me laugh :lol2:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Funny, I remember several who said the sky was falling when he played Florida and committed to Chump....sounds like hes pretty insignificant right now. All that matters is the stars....
Mehhhh.... I was never a fan. Too small to be a DE, too slow to be a LB. Same for Holland, only worse, with Holland.

I said even then that we only need so many "bucks" as they were called by Chimp and that he wasn't much of a loss. Losing those two OL when or just before Chimp left hurt more.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone was pretty much anti cowart....after he committed to chump...
Ummmm.... no. Search if you want. I didn't like him much and didn't like Holland at all. I'm sure there were others because I don't remember feeling like I was swimming upstream and totally alone on that point.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Ummmm.... no. Search if you want. I didn't like him much and didn't like Holland at all. I'm sure there were others because I don't remember feeling like I was swimming upstream and totally alone on that point.

But but we lost a 5 star!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But but we lost a 5 star!
Yes, and he would have been a decent backup to Cox, CeCe, and Ivey. However, there is such thing as the relevance of the stars to the needs of the team.

Recruiting nothing but CBs and Bucks (and Smurfs in the previous regime) is part of what got us in this mess.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Please don't act like you invented the concept. You Pumpsucks were bitching about me criticizing certain aspects of the last regimes' recruiting and citing star ratings then.

Recruiting zero DTs two damn years in a row and three OL when we needed six is the exact opposite of recruiting for the needs of the team anyway.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I kinda feel bad for him. He's one of several victims fooled by the chump.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
friday-the-movie-image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online