Recruiting Creyer doesn't remember top recruit

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...ban-meyer-did-not-recognize-me-224113452.html

xanax-.jpg

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I saw this on FB. F'n hilarious!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Judson talks about Mac compared to Meyer and Muschamp

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...-mcelwain-more-than-urban-meyer-will-muschamp

The four-star athlete from Cocoa, Fla., used to be committed to Urban Meyer and Ohio State, and he’s currently being pursued by UF coach Jim McElwain and his predecessor, Will Muschamp, now the head coach at South Carolina.

Judson told SEC Country he likes McElwain more than Meyer and Muschamp.

“There’s no debate. It’s coach McElwain,” Judson said. “No disrespect to coach Meyer or coach Muschamp, but they run their program a little differently. I like the way coach Mac does it.

“Even though coach Mac might not look too young, he has that kind of relationship where you can clown and joke around with him. But there’s a time to get serious and there’s a time to play. He balances both.”

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great athlete. Would love for him to commit. Probably between us and Fsux.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
5'9", 202 finishing his junior year. Videos show he's a ball carrier, by handoff or as wildcat.
Ha goes north-south, splits tacklers and speeds away. They can't catch him.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully he will bring his fast self to G-Ville.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Ok I know half of y'all will not get this, but this is what it reminds me of. The kid just wanted some respek on his name...just like birdman. SMH.. So what he forgot who he was. That is what is wrong with this "me " generation. They think they are owed something. I don't know maybe I am getting old and just don't have hope for this generation right now.

respek.jpg

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016

Not defending Meyer but I assume he deals with tons of recruits periodically to where he won't remember everyone of them, and I'm guessing Judson got his ego a little bruised because Meyer didn't pay more attention to him.

Either that or Meyer is suffering from the same case Boob Bowden had during his last 15 years as coach, that he couldn't remember players by jersey numbers.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
1) The #1 condition of all recruits is = "how serious are these program reps (HC Meyer) on making me
a playing part of their team."
2) Not noting the recruit's name belies any pitch that OSU could make. All the schmooz OSU reps make
after that must have been a total joke to the guy ... and deceptions.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ok I know half of y'all will not get this, but this is what it reminds me of. The kid just wanted some respek on his name...just like birdman. SMH.. So what he forgot who he was. That is what is wrong with this "me " generation. They think they are owed something. I don't know maybe I am getting old and just don't have hope for this generation right now.

View attachment 3042

I get where you are coming from, and I agree with the sentiment 99.9% of the time. However, there are some things recruits should expect, and most of those expectations are conditioned by the coaching staff. If you are selling your program based on it being a family, you should at least know the name of an early commit. Sounded like either Judson was on OSU campus or at his own HS. Either way, Meyer would know that he was on campus. It's not like he bumped into him at a Publix. Good on Judson for reading the situation and realizing Meyer is full of BS.

Clayton and Joseph from our 2016 class recently commented on how they were treated at Bama. Nothing they said really seemed entitled. Wanting a golf cart to drive your grandmother around just seems like common courtesy.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...icked-florida-when-i-saw-that-first-palm-tree
Q: Which school disappointed you the most during recruiting?

A: “Alabama. As people may know, Alabama is all about business. For me, it’s just the way they treated my family. It was crazy. Everywhere we went on campus, my grandmother and my mom had to walk. My grandmother’s feet started hurting. Every other school took my grandmother around on a golf cart. Not to brag or anything, but I was the top recruit (Alabama) had on campus that day. They said they really wanted me, but they didn’t show me that. All the other schools took care of my family, constantly checked on us and made sure we were comfortable. They really cared about us.”

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...-nick-saban-read-my-name-off-a-piece-of-paper

But at the conclusion of that trip, Joseph met with Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban and it didn’t go well.

“When a coach tries to recruit me as a player, I want him to at least know who I am,” Joseph said. “Nick Saban read my name off a piece of paper and was like, ‘OK, you’re Vosean Joseph, Miami Norland, 112 tackles, blah blah blah.’ He was reading everything off a paper in front of me. I wanted to say, ‘Coach, do you even know anything about me?’ He didn’t smile for nothing.”

These are kids who are being heavily recruited, not a Grossman begging someone to watch his tape. There are just some things that are expected. I've been recruited for jobs a couple times and they knew everything about me and went out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable. I think the recruits should be able to expect the same on a visit.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer seemed to mess this up. If he was joking then he clearly didn't know his audience or make the kid feel like it was a joke. These are young kids who are trying to pick a school to play at for the next 4 years. They want to feel comfortable and well know. The head coach is going to be a major presence in their life... if he is showing him he doesn't care as a recruit... how will he treat him as a player?

I don't think it is entitled if you are committed to the school and you expect the coach to recognize you.

Meyer's loss will hopefully be our gain!

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I get where you are coming from, and I agree with the sentiment 99.9% of the time. However, there are some things recruits should expect, and most of those expectations are conditioned by the coaching staff. If you are selling your program based on it being a family, you should at least know the name of an early commit. Sounded like either Judson was on OSU campus or at his own HS. Either way, Meyer would know that he was on campus. It's not like he bumped into him at a Publix. Good on Judson for reading the situation and realizing Meyer is full of BS.

Clayton and Joseph from our 2016 class recently commented on how they were treated at Bama. Nothing they said really seemed entitled. Wanting a golf cart to drive your grandmother around just seems like common courtesy.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...icked-florida-when-i-saw-that-first-palm-tree
Q: Which school disappointed you the most during recruiting?

A: “Alabama. As people may know, Alabama is all about business. For me, it’s just the way they treated my family. It was crazy. Everywhere we went on campus, my grandmother and my mom had to walk. My grandmother’s feet started hurting. Every other school took my grandmother around on a golf cart. Not to brag or anything, but I was the top recruit (Alabama) had on campus that day. They said they really wanted me, but they didn’t show me that. All the other schools took care of my family, constantly checked on us and made sure we were comfortable. They really cared about us.”

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...-nick-saban-read-my-name-off-a-piece-of-paper

But at the conclusion of that trip, Joseph met with Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban and it didn’t go well.

“When a coach tries to recruit me as a player, I want him to at least know who I am,” Joseph said. “Nick Saban read my name off a piece of paper and was like, ‘OK, you’re Vosean Joseph, Miami Norland, 112 tackles, blah blah blah.’ He was reading everything off a paper in front of me. I wanted to say, ‘Coach, do you even know anything about me?’ He didn’t smile for nothing.”

These are kids who are being heavily recruited, not a Grossman begging someone to watch his tape. There are just some things that are expected. I've been recruited for jobs a couple times and they knew everything about me and went out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable. I think the recruits should be able to expect the same on a visit.
I smell what you are stepping in. However, lately I am considering myself like the mantra of Missouri...so you are going to have to show me. I just don't have that much faith in the kids now days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator