D'Anfernee McGriff won't enroll until January

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n256591 said:
I still think a better offensive staff could've done more with him. Even the wildcat plays were just bland, obvious QB runs. Some creativity would've helped. None of the OCs from Daz to Pease truly utilized him , imo.
What else do you do with a "QB" who can't throw at all and who "reads" every option as keep?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Law98gator;n256664 said:
What else do you do with a "QB" who can't throw at all and who "reads" every option as keep?
Pull his scholarship, obviously

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n256163 said:
@Dmcgriff1: I am currently at Jireh prep. A 4 month program working my ass off to get back to my dream,my home,my love. THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA 🐊🐊🐊
Another great "student" athlete. You have to be a real over achiever not to be able to qualify after all the dumbing down of scholastic requirements.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n256664 said:
Put him in a qb battle with Will grier.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n256664 said:

In '10 & '11 we sometimes had Brantley line up as outside WR, with no DB even bothering to cover him. I get that he isn't much of a QB, but you or I could've made that throw, and we didn't even attempt a risk free pass. Wasted a blocker and fooled no one. At worst, it would've forced defenses to respect it.

As for his keeping it, that was also a product of a) the score being tight and being afraid to take a risk, and b) not wanting to face the wrath on the sidelines for a mistake. Ultimately, he's a player that needed to be able to play loose and he simply couldn't here. Not saying he was a PH type player. But I do think he could've and would've been better with a competent offensive approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator