Davis, Del Rio comment on Tabor and Lewis returning

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Gators-stoked-to-have-Tabor-Lewis-back-47243458

"We’re going to have a lot more exciting plays," linebacker Jarrad Davis said. "I think a lot of guys are going to be able to really let their guard down and go play now. We’re locked tight back there and it’s going to be really exciting to see what goes down when he’s there."

With Tabor out, an already thin secondary for the Gators got even thinner in the opener when nickelback Duke Dawson suffered an arm injury. Dawson should be back this week, though he'll be limited to non-contact work in practice early on, but it's Tabor's return that will really help the unit produce.

Freshman Chris Williamson had a rough outing, giving up two catches for 77 yards.

"You never know when you have young guys going out there, especially for their first game," Davis said. "And then, they did a pretty good job, they really did. Chauncey (Gardner) and Chris, they stepped up and they played really well this weekend.

"With (Tabor) back there though, it’s going to make things a lot easier. We’re going to be able to communicate with him and he’s going to know what’s going on. And just his experience as a player and being in the moment, we’re not going to have anything to worry about, he’s not going to have anything to worry about. Just going to give those younger guys a great example of really how to play football as a game."

"Absolutely, really athletic, long tight end," quarterback Luke Del Rio said. "He’s extremely coachable and has good hands. We are definitely excited to have him back. The guys did a good job with Cyontai suspended, but we are definitely excited to have him back.

The chance to put both Lewis and Goolsby on the field together is also a tantalizing prospect for the Gators. Coach Jim McElwain will certainly look to exploit it.

"It’s hard for defenses because they see you have two tight ends and they think you will run the ball, but if you look at those guys they are great pass-catching tight ends," Del Rio said. "It does put some stress on defenses. Do they go nickel or do they stay base? It’s interesting to see how each team addresses that personnel."

Having both of those guys back will be a bonus, for sure, along with Dawson if he's able to go. Worton being able to go on Saturday would be great, too, I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with him.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Gators-stoked-to-have-Tabor-Lewis-back-47243458

Having both of those guys back will be a bonus, for sure, along with Dawson if he's able to go. Worton being able to go on Saturday would be great, too, I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with him.

Doubt Worton will be ready; high ankle sprain is likely to keep him out for awhile more....Dawson back is important as our secondary without him and Tabor looked like a team that Treon could have thrown against

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.