Recruiting Davis impressed with the explosive offense

News

Administrator
Jul 6, 2014
The Florida Gators only hosted three uncommitted prospects for Saturday’s blowout win against Eastern Michigan but those three prospects were big names and big targets.

The only offensive prospect of that bunch was receiver Ryan Davis (5-10, 161, St. Petersburg, FL Lakewood) who had another great visit and enjoyed finally seeing the offense in action.

“It was great, I had fun,” Davis said. “I got to meet with the coaches and hang out with the players a little bit and I got to see that explosive offense of Florida. The atmosphere was great, I mean it’s always great. Florida is...

Read the rest here: Davis impressed with the explosive offense

More...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Davis is a huge need. We need big receivers. We already have showers Bailey and worton. And that one guy from Louisiana why are we so hard after another jitterbug receiver?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n46630 said:
I don't think Davis is a huge need. We need big receivers. We already have showers Bailey and worton. And that one guy from Louisiana why are we so hard after another jitterbug receiver?

I was thinking the same thing t, but he probably would be a serviceable slot receiver if he has good enough hands. I won't pretend to know anything about the kid. I'm no recruiting guru.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n46665 said:
I was thinking the same thing t, but he probably would be a serviceable slot receiver if he has good enough hands. I won't pretend to know anything about the kid. I'm no recruiting guru.

I'm not either. And I don't like to knock kids that want to be gators. I'll just say I hope we add another tall receiver . I think you have to have big physical receivers in the SEC .

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n46807 said:
I'm not either. And I don't like to knock kids that want to be gators. I'll just say I hope we add another tall receiver . I think you have to have big physical receivers in the SEC .

You need a couple. They don't all have to be 6'5" :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
t-gator;n46807 said:

You need a couple. They don't all have to be 6'5" :lol:
True

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Davis , actually both Davis' have great hands. Jarad runs in the 4.45-4.46 range and is an eely type of runner and can jump well, goes over the middle etc. He's got something like 35 offers including Miami,fsu,mizoo,ohio state, Stanford and usc. the kid is a straight up football player and a worker. He's Fowler's cousin and has about the same drive.We're in the mix for a bunch of tall receivers in the hgt range of 6'1- 6'6', in the top 3-5 for a lot of them and after last week going up. Roper likes to use a lot of slot receivers and roll them so don't be surprised if we get a few in the 5'10-5'11 range. As for Dillon the wr that is committed to us, they aren't the same player at all, Dillon plays receiver and rb runs a 4.4, he's actually more like Ray Ray , the difference between the two of them is Ray Ray is a better rb and Dillon a better receiver. Don't forget that we are finally at full scholarship now,for the first time since 2004. The staff seemslike they want to start stockpiling players and develop them rather than have to throw them in to the mix to quickly, kind of like DRob really wasn't ready last year but we had to.In the next 2 years at wr we'll be losing definitely Pittman, Dubose, Dunbar, Showers, Andrades.Possible early's could be Drob and possibly Fullwood dependent onthis year and next. No one knows what Andrades , Bailey will do if they don't play this year, or don't play much.Most of the Nat'l guys think we'll take 4-5 wr's in this class. Either Davis they will take, Cain is thought to be a probable flip , Zach doesn't think Campbell will flip, but Spivey and a bunch of other's do. And then there are 3 other guys that real interested in that we'd take no matter what,Hibbler 6-6, Calloway 6' hiers 6'3. I really wouldn't worry to much about who they take or don't they usually have good reasons and instincts.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Davis , actually both Davis' have great hands. Jarad runs in the 4.45-4.46 range and is an eely type of runner and can jump well, goes over the middle etc. He's got something like 35 offers including Miami,fsu,mizoo,ohio state, Stanford and usc. the kid is a straight up football player and a worker. He's Fowler's cousin and has about the same drive.We're in the mix for a bunch of tall receivers in the hgt range of 6'1- 6'6', in the top 3-5 for a lot of them and after last week going up. Roper likes to use a lot of slot receivers and roll them so don't be surprised if we get a few in the 5'10-5'11 range. As for Dillon the wr that is committed to us, they aren't the same player at all, Dillon plays receiver and rb runs a 4.4, he's actually more like Ray Ray , the difference between the two of them is Ray Ray is a better rb and Dillon a better receiver. Don't forget that we are finally at full scholarship now,for the first time since 2004. The staff seemslike they want to start stockpiling players and develop them rather than have to throw them in to the mix to quickly, kind of like DRob really wasn't ready last year but we had to.In the next 2 years at wr we'll be losing definitely Pittman, Dubose, Dunbar, Showers, Andrades.Possible early's could be Drob and possibly Fullwood dependent onthis year and next. No one knows what Andrades , Bailey will do if they don't play this year, or don't play much.Most of the Nat'l guys think we'll take 4-5 wr's in this class. Either Davis they will take, Cain is thought to be a probable flip , Zach doesn't think Campbell will flip, but Spivey and a bunch of other's do. And then there are 3 other guys that real interested in that we'd take no matter what,Hibbler 6-6, Calloway 6' hiers 6'3. I really wouldn't worry to much about who they take or don't they usually have good reasons and instincts.
Thanks for the down and the low sonoma!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Yea thanks for the update. I didn't realize they had a few big guys on their big board

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.