Dear Muschamp

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Back in 2005 before the cocktail party Meyer made a decision to go against the spread that he envisioned for a number of reasons. Then just as today he saw we didn't have the type of playmakers he needed to run his offense. He wasn't going to let a season ending injury to Bubba Caldwell make our offense dreadful. He saw he had a pretty good football player in Latsko that wasn't being used, and decided it wasn't too bright to have Leak in an empty set after having him slammed to the grass over and over again in Baton Rouge. A game we lost despite getting five turnovers. A good coach or even a decent one who isn't stubborn as a mule would do what the kids do best. Jones and Taylor are good fits for an I- form attack, but are fairly average out of the spread.I prefer Taylor to Jones in this regard. It shouldn't be lost that we have one of the best lead blockers in America relegated to special teams. What should be done differently?

#1- Scrap the slot and insert Joyer as FB. We aren't getting production for the position anyway. We have a proven commodity in Joyer and need to use it. Instead of seeing sub-par performance again and again. Using Joyer as a lead blocker for Jones / Taylor will increase our chances of hitting a big play.

#2- Go under center. Have Treon take 50 snaps before and after each practice with Garcia. Doing this will benefit him greatly. No reason why he can't get 1,000 snaps from Max before toe meets leather in Jax.

#3- Knock off the confusion between QB and RB. No more zone reads, or confusion on the pop pass PA. It has resulted in foolish and careless turnovers at the worst time.NO MORE! If you want PA call it in the huddle so the back knows he isn't getting the damn ball.

#4- Having trouble in pass pro? Keep Joyer and TE to help. Flare back or wheel him if possible. One of the few routes Jeff throws well. Motion receivers to dictate defensive coverages. This is one of the few things Pease did well.

These are all very basic things that don't take much talent to do. They do however take time to master. I don't expect it to be mastered, but there is no reason it can't be done in a competent manner . Meyer was smart enough to realize it's what needed to be done for us to win before he could sign more playmakers. We are in the same position now as we were then. Using this simple and effective way to get the most out of our kids we can win just as we did in the 05 game against them. We will all be happy if these simple things are done. Go Gators!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Great points. The only issue is when you say "Meyer was smart enough.." For all his flaws, Meyer was a master at psychology and very intelligent. Muschamp couldn't be more the opposite. He's quite possibly the dumbest human being that has ever graced our sidelines. I agree fully with your premise, and this is a game that could be won with the right HC.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I have my doubts that if he did read it, he would change anything. He is way too hard headed to change...

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n85160 said:
I have my doubts Muschamp is going to read this.

Disagree. I've heard from some very powerful people that Gatorbait25 is deep inside Muschamp's "Circle of Trust".

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n85166 said:
Great points. The only issue is when you say "Meyer was smart enough.." For all his flaws, Meyer was a master at psychology and very intelligent. Muschamp couldn't be more the opposite. He's quite possibly the dumbest human being that has ever graced our sidelines. I agree fully with your premise, and this is a game that could be won with the right HC.

You touched on a previous post about how we lack the spread type players. Clearly I agree and can't understand for the life of me why we continue to see Joyer absent from the offense. Some of our problems are very basic such as fundamentals. You're correct however that some of our recruiting misses on offense have hurt. Yet I don't see it as the primary problem. It's been nearly three years. Time to move on from Davis buddy:lol:.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gatorbait25;n85178 said:
You touched on a previous post about how we lack the spread type players. Clearly I agree and can't understand for the life of me why we continue to see Joyer absent from the offense. Some of our problems are very basic such as fundamentals. You're correct however that some of our recruiting misses on offense have hurt. Yet I don't see it as the primary problem. It's been nearly three years. Time to move on from Davis buddy:lol:.

I must have mentioned it the other night, I'm assuming? :lol:

Incompetence, zero logic, and lack of vision all wrapped into one move. Was the writing on the wall, imo.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n85166 said:

Pretty much this. Even if by a miracle Muschamp came to the right decision, he is literally incapable of implementing these changes in this time frame. If possible, it would take an entire offseason.

But Muschamp knows better so he will never try it to begin with.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n85160 said:

I think this is the same guy who sat in front of me screaming at Muschamp the whole game Saturday

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbait25;n85151 said:
Back in 2005 before the cocktail party Meyer made a decision to go against the spread that he envisioned for a number of reasons. Then just as today he saw we didn't have the type of playmakers he needed to run his offense. He wasn't going to let a season ending injury to Bubba Caldwell make our offense dreadful. He saw he had a pretty good football player in Latsko that wasn't being used, and decided it wasn't too bright to have Leak in an empty set after having him slammed to the grass over and over again in Baton Rouge. A game we lost despite getting five turnovers. A good coach or even a decent one who isn't stubborn as a mule would do what the kids do best. Jones and Taylor are good fits for an I- form attack, but are fairly average out of the spread.I prefer Taylor to Jones in this regard. It shouldn't be lost that we have one of the best lead blockers in America relegated to special teams. What should be done differently?

#1- Scrap the slot and insert Joyer as FB. We aren't getting production for the position anyway. We have a proven commodity in Joyer and need to use it. Instead of seeing sub-par performance again and again. Using Joyer as a lead blocker for Jones / Taylor will increase our chances of hitting a big play.

#2- Go under center. Have Treon take 50 snaps before and after each practice with Garcia. Doing this will benefit him greatly. No reason why he can't get 1,000 snaps from Max before toe meets leather in Jax.

#3- Knock off the confusion between QB and RB. No more zone reads, or confusion on the pop pass PA. It has resulted in foolish and careless turnovers at the worst time.NO MORE! If you want PA call it in the huddle so the back knows he isn't getting the damn ball.

#4- Having trouble in pass pro? Keep Joyer and TE to help. Flare back or wheel him if possible. One of the few routes Jeff throws well. Motion receivers to dictate defensive coverages. This is one of the few things Pease did well.

These are all very basic things that don't take much talent to do. They do however take time to master. I don't expect it to be mastered, but there is no reason it can't be done in a competent manner . Meyer was smart enough to realize it's what needed to be done for us to win before he could sign more playmakers. We are in the same position now as we were then. Using this simple and effective way to get the most out of our kids we can win just as we did in the 05 game against them. We will all be happy if these simple things are done. Go Gators!

Muschamp has the arrogance of Saban with the coaching ability of Ray Goff. He has had 3 different offensive coordinators, yet he has run the same useless offense. He won't change so there really is no reason to keep him for the UGA game.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n85160 said:

You make very impressive points that any competent coach should recognize. But Ox is right here. Our HC is not going to read this and even if he did he lacks the intellegence and enogh hard headedness to even consider it.

I agree protect your QB. Meyer got it, listened to Mullen and got it done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator