Defensive Players Deserve Gold Medal

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
not necessarily for tonight, but for the last several years since our offense left with Tim Tebow. The last 3 senior classes have had 4 or 5 years of playing outstanding defense only to watch our offenses repeatedly struggle to do anything. The offenses have literally wasted away championship caliber defenses. I'm trying to stay optimistic about the near future, but it is difficult for me to do.

I want to believe Mac can turn it around, but he hasn't shown me any reason to think he can.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I feel sorry for these defensive boys who has given everything they had to 2 different garbage a$$ coaches who has given them offense's consistently ranked in the 100's. As the old saying goes "you get what you pay for" and UF has gotten exactly what they paid for....another sh*tty coach!

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Maybe a bronze or silver.
No. GOLD. Think about how hard they've played only to watch our offense set records for going 3 and out, they've kept us in and won more games than we've lost. Had we had even a mediocre offense at any time we would have contended for a championship or 2 or 3. The offense has been that broken.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
No. GOLD. Think about how hard they've played only to watch our offense set records for going 3 and out, they've kept us in and won more games than we've lost. Had we had even a mediocre offense at any time we would have contended for a championship or 2 or 3. The offense has been that broken.

and they've done it missing both starting DE's, both starting LB's and both starting safeties. that gives me a little hope that we won't take as big a step backward on defense as some are predicting. collins and the defensive staff have been pretty solid even in the face of attrition. now, if we could just get a little offense, just a little more. please.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
and they've done it missing both starting DE's, both starting LB's and both starting safeties. that gives me a little hope that we won't take as big a step backward on defense as some are predicting. collins and the defensive staff have been pretty solid even in the face of attrition. now, if we could just get a little offense, just a little more. please.

The thing that concerns me most about our defense next year is CBs. Who will be our CBs? Tabor and Wilson will both go to the NFL after this season. Who replaces them and what kind of production can we expect? Good to great CBs can make a defense special. I don't see anyone on our roster atm that could make the same kind of impact next year.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
The thing that concerns me most about our defense next year is CBs. Who will be our CBs? Tabor and Wilson will both go to the NFL after this season. Who replaces them and what kind of production can we expect? Good to great CBs can make a defense special. I don't see anyone on our roster atm that could make the same kind of impact next year.

yeah. this is where mac needs to hit a couple home runs with recruiting. we have three good ones committed and we are trying to land one or two more. gotta hold them and keep some other guys interested. gray has been a great addition and we have to hope he gets some guys in with superlative talent that he can coach up quick. a couple of the commits are already good sized for CBs.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't blame the players at all. I'm just saying the defensive players have played lights out for a looooong time with nothing to show for it.

A chance at 2 SEC Championships, a Sugar Bowl. Missed the BCS game by a ND win over USC. 2 Eastern division titles. Just saying :pumper:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Gardner has a chance to be the next pro level db, he showed some flashes of that last night.

the kid has real fire and athleticism. he screwed up on the crossing route that led to the TD but hell man, first start at safety in Doak. he'll learn. and he did get a nice INT.

harris, gardner, dawson, washington. they'll be ok next year with gray coaching them up. dawson or gardner might have to move to CB, but we need more depth and desperately need to get some marquee corners in the recruiting crop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator