Deflategate appeal not going well for Brady?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.businessinsider.com/report-tom-brady-destroyed-in-deflategate-appeal-hearing-2016-3

Just got out of court. #Patriots better not trade Garoppolo because Kessler got HAMMERED by the judges
Judge Denny Chin: “The evidence of ball tampering is compelling if not overwhelming.
Judge Parker on Brady destroying his cell phone: “Mr. Brady’s explanation of that made no sense whatsoever.

Mr @WALLACHLEGAL, who was in the courtroom, says “Brady is staring down the barrel of a 2 to 1 defeat.

Brady and Goodell were not expected to be in attendance for the meeting, but it doesn't seem as if Jeffrey Kessler, the NFLPA's lawyer, will have good news to give Brady.

The league is not just trying to suspend Brady — it's also trying to set a precedent with this hearing.

Its image took a hit when it was beaten in court by Brady over the summer. So, regardless of costs, the NFL is trying to protect its image. Losing to Brady not only casts doubt on Goodell's power to punish players, but it could also encourage other players to fight their own punishments after seeing Brady win in a court case.

According to Volin, a two-thirds vote is needed for either side to win the appeal.

If the NFL once again loses, it could file for another appeal, which would reportedly go to the US Supreme Court. This case could once again be an issue for several months, but in the latest update, it sounds like the tide could be turning against Brady.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think an appeals court's job is to re-weigh the evidence short of a Judge just ignoring evidence basically but just hearing them comment like that makes you think they may lean to the NFL and I know appeals courts seem quick to uphold companies/municipalities etc. rights to give out administrative punishmants with a much lower standard of evidence. I have a feeling they will rule the NFL was within its rights to do what they did.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.businessinsider.com/report-tom-brady-destroyed-in-deflategate-appeal-hearing-2016-3

Just got out of court. #Patriots better not trade Garoppolo because Kessler got HAMMERED by the judges
Judge Denny Chin: “The evidence of ball tampering is compelling if not overwhelming.
Judge Parker on Brady destroying his cell phone: “Mr. Brady’s explanation of that made no sense whatsoever.

Mr @WALLACHLEGAL, who was in the courtroom, says “Brady is staring down the barrel of a 2 to 1 defeat.

Brady and Goodell were not expected to be in attendance for the meeting, but it doesn't seem as if Jeffrey Kessler, the NFLPA's lawyer, will have good news to give Brady.

The league is not just trying to suspend Brady — it's also trying to set a precedent with this hearing.

Its image took a hit when it was beaten in court by Brady over the summer. So, regardless of costs, the NFL is trying to protect its image. Losing to Brady not only casts doubt on Goodell's power to punish players, but it could also encourage other players to fight their own punishments after seeing Brady win in a court case.

According to Volin, a two-thirds vote is needed for either side to win the appeal.

If the NFL once again loses, it could file for another appeal, which would reportedly go to the US Supreme Court. This case could once again be an issue for several months, but in the latest update, it sounds like the tide could be turning against Brady.

WGAFF?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Volin, the hack, has no clue how the court will rule at this point.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
So glad the judicial system is tackling the really tough problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Still way to early to see how this will go.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Volin, the hack, has no clue how the court will rule at this point.

I agree and comments a lot of times dont mean as much as they appear but I just remember (in Florida anyway) so many times an appeals court would reinstate sanctions that a business etc. put on some employee that a Judge tossed out.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Where was the case originally heard? NY or was it one of those pro-labor judges?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Brady should retire in disgust, I'd predict that the NFL would take a negative "hit" like
the baseball strike threw on MLB. Fans would turn away? Whatcha think ?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did any other kids at Meatchicken get a free Spring Break? Seems like an extra benefit. Id laugh if they got hit with major sanctions.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did any other kids at Meatchicken get a free Spring Break? Seems like an extra benefit. Id laugh if they got hit with major sanctions.
This is the NCAA we're talking about. Right now they're busy looking for a kid who had a bake sale to help them out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
i have no clue how I posted in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator