Status
Not open for further replies.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Judge will now decide, maybe tomorrow.

Try to get past your Patriot/Brady hate and even your opinion on guilt or not.

The bottom line is a decision for Brady will effectively limit the Commissioner's Power as the final arbitrater of everything related to the NFL.

What do you want to happen vs. what you think will.

I want the Commissioner castrated! I think Brady wins.

:dance2:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Tough call. The NFL has the CBA on their side, as it damn near gives him the power to do whatever he feels like "to protect the integrity of the game" in regards to player discipline. The NFLPA has common sense on their side and the judge, as well, from his comments and questioning. Either way, it's not over with his decision....appeals to follow from the loser without a doubt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Both of them should have to pay for wasting the public's money.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who knows what the decision will be.......but its been one of the dumbest things in the NFL.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
No Brady or Pats hate here.

I don't think each team should have their own balls, they should play with the same batch of them. I don't even like the special kicking balls. Refs should prep them, maybe field comments after warmups and control them throughout the Gameday.

As as for the commissioner's power - an appeal should go to a panel of owners and union reps. A competition/internal discipline issue should never go to the courts. Never. Handle it in-house.

And slightly deflating the ball does help grip in wet weather, but as I understand it the balls were reset to legal pressure at the half after which Brady torched Indy.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At the end of the day both teams should use the same balls which should be controlled by the NFL.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well Gee the court has nothing to do with the fact that he is "guilty" or not. It should have been done in 15 minutes. Either the contract that clearly says that the commissioner has this authority is legal or not. Pretty simple determination. Now the judge probably does not want to rule so he is pressuring them to settle.

Now I bet the contract is clear and was a part of the process. Brady is guilty of destroying his phone, not really cooperating, and since the Pats have a history of cheating a message needs to be sent. Four games is almost nothing, say they lose two they still can win their division and even the superbowl.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n269065 said:
Well Gee the court has nothing to do with the fact that he is "guilty" or not. It should have been done in 15 minutes. Either the contract that clearly says that the commissioner has this authority is legal or not. Pretty simple determination. Now the judge probably does not want to rule so he is pressuring them to settle.

Now I bet the contract is clear and was a part of the process. Brady is guilty of destroying his phone, not really cooperating, and since the Pats have a history of cheating a message needs to be sent. Four games is almost nothing, say they lose two they still can win their division and even the superbowl.

Thanks for answering the question..... :headslap:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n269067 said:
Thanks for answering the question..... :headslap:

You missed all the points that he is guilty. Guilty of (at least) obstructing the investigation, destroying evidence, and therefore doing things not in the best interest of the game. GUILTY!!!

Now I do have an opinion on the actual inflation, but I usually keep to the facts.

So the facts are as follows:

The balls were improperly inflated
The balls were removed from the process by employees of the Pats

Speculation is that they did it for some reason, probably because they thought it would get their team some advantage. How would they think that? Perhaps because Tom either told them, or they heard him comment about it. Might be that they are just stupid.

Happy now???

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
People have been suspended for 4 games for FAR worse infractions.. it's probably overkill.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
What do I want to happen? Brady needs to be suspended. He's lied through this entire thing. If you truly think you did nothing wrong, why lie about it? Every player that's commented on this has stated it is absurd that the equipment manager would deflate those balls without Brady's say so.

What do I think will happen? I have no idea when it comes to judges. I'm someone who has no faith in them.

At the end of the day, both Goodell and Brady are just butt monkeys. Goodell is doing what the majority of owners want and Brady has hinted many times that he is doing what the NFLPA wants.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n269087 said:
What do I want to happen? Brady needs to be suspended. He's lied through this entire thing. If you truly think you did nothing wrong, why lie about it? Every player that's commented on this has stated it is absurd that the equipment manager would deflate those balls without Brady's say so.

What do I think will happen? I have no idea when it comes to judges. I'm someone who has no faith in them.

At the end of the day, both Goodell and Brady are just butt monkeys. Goodell is doing what the majority of owners want and Brady has hinted many times that he is doing what the NFLPA wants.

^exactly, they are playing their roles like they did during the negotiations for the new CBA, where Brady also sued the league. Do you think the owners have forgotten about that?

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n269069 said:
You missed all the points that he is guilty. Guilty of (at least) obstructing the investigation, destroying evidence, and therefore doing things not in the best interest of the game. GUILTY!!!

Now I do have an opinion on the actual inflation, but I usually keep to the facts.

So the facts are as follows:

The balls were improperly inflated
The balls were removed from the process by employees of the Pats

Speculation is that they did it for some reason, probably because they thought it would get their team some advantage. How would they think that? Perhaps because Tom either told them, or they heard him comment about it. Might be that they are just stupid.

Happy now???

I don't care about the right or wrong, just the outcome.

Thanks Vulcan

i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member