Del Rio showing touch (other practice vids, Davis big hit)

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Remember this offense?

1st down: Run with Reed, 1 yard gain.
2nd down: Run with Burton, 1 yard loss.
3rd down: Put Brantley in, incomplete pass/3 yard pass.
4th down: Drink bleach.
That's what happens when your biggest running back is 175 lbs

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I can't believe some of you are nit picking that throw. We haven't had a QB who could even come close to making that throw in years.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I can't believe some of you are nit picking that throw. We haven't had a QB who could even come close to making that throw in years.

The fact LDR made a damn good throw in the rain and his spring game performance give me hope of better QB play this coming season. But let's see how he does against an SEC defense not his own.

I remember a pretty damn good throw by Driskel to Omarius Hines late in an away game that ultimately led to victory over TAMU. It was about 40 yards and dropped in over Hines sideline shoulder just before he went out of bounds. One pass does not a season make.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I remember a pretty damn good throw by Driskel to Omarius Hines late in an away game that ultimately led to victory over TAMU. It was about 40 yards and dropped in over Hines sideline shoulder just before he went out of bounds. One pass does not a career make.

FIFY

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Allow me to re-FIFY.

"One practice throw does not a career make."

I remember the throw to Hines as I was at the game... it was a beautiful throw. Driskel's issue was less his throwing ability and more his decision making ability. I also don't think anybody is looking at this one throw and saying we have a Heisman winner at QB.

The bottom line is that it is pre-season. Fall Camp has started and seeing our QB make a nice throw in the rain after the QB play we witnessed at the end of last year gives everybody hope that we may be good this year.

I think Del Rio is going to be very good (mostly because his performance in the Spring Game). I don't think he will be a Heisman guy, but I think he will manage and execute in the offense very well and make good decisions. There are enough play makers that if he can get the ball out quickly to the right guy our offense could be very good. I still remember seeing guys running wide open during the Bama and FSU games and if we only had a QB that could make decisions and throws those games could have been different.

I realize you are trying to temper expectations, but dude... it is Fall Camp... and we finally get to see a little glimpse of football. Let us enjoy it.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I remember the throw to Hines as I was at the game... it was a beautiful throw. Driskel's issue was less his throwing ability and more his decision making ability. I also don't think anybody is looking at this one throw and saying we have a Heisman winner at QB.

The bottom line is that it is pre-season. Fall Camp has started and seeing our QB make a nice throw in the rain after the QB play we witnessed at the end of last year gives everybody hope that we may be good this year.

I think Del Rio is going to be very good (mostly because his performance in the Spring Game). I don't think he will be a Heisman guy, but I think he will manage and execute in the offense very well and make good decisions. There are enough play makers that if he can get the ball out quickly to the right guy our offense could be very good. I still remember seeing guys running wide open during the Bama and FSU games and if we only had a QB that could make decisions and throws those games could have been different.

I realize you are trying to temper expectations, but dude... it is Fall Camp... and we finally get to see a little glimpse of football. Let us enjoy it.

Believe you me, I AM enjoying it. Discussing football - even the minutiae of a nice pratice throw - is a relief after months of discussing inane topics like incest, Rodman's broke penis, and idiots jumping from planes with no parachute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator