Del Rio

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Well, that's longer than any pass Neon threw the other night.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Situations all sound legit. Knows football, grew up and lived with it. I am anxious to see what he can do.
So did Morningwood.....How did that turn out? There's a reason nobody has stopped him from transferring.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Daddy pays his way, he's here because he wants to be and because of Nussmeier. I still wanna see what he's got. Appears to me they all have the potential to help us at this point. We gotta do something.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He can't possibly be worse than Treon...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
The more I think about it, he's probably the perfect guy to hold it down till WG comes back in the sense that he may be solid but not spectacular. If he can complete 60% with 200 yrds per game and a positive Td/int ratio then I'll be happy with him but not stoked enough to not want Grier back

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1. Patrick Towles - Kentucky / SEC
2. Trevor Knight - Oklahoma / Big 12
3. Will Garner - Louisville / ACC

Father: Louisville QB Will Gardner 'looking for a new home'

Quarterback Will Gardner, who started seven games for the Louisville Cardinals prior to this season, is "looking for a new home" and will transfer, his father told the Louisville Courier-Journal Tuesday.

Gardner, a redshirt junior, tore the ACL in his left knee after making seven starts during the 2014 season and hasn't played for the Cardinals since. The 6-foot-5 quarterback completed better than 57 percent of his passes for 1,669 yards and 12 touchdowns with three interceptions that season.

"He's just looking for a new home for next year, a new place to play," his father, Glenn Gardner, told the Courier-Journal. "He's just going to transfer, going to move on in life."

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
I find it odd that an Elite 11 participant had to walk on anywhere. I know he had offers - but not from the big-boy schools. Usually E11 QBs have everyone lining up.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Geez, so many QB transfers ... we just gotta pick the best. And if, come 7th game,
Grier can beat him out, then so much the better. A decent connecting QB can revitalize
our overall team, and invigorate our star receivers. I'm all for it ... harsh off-season worrying
and wondering. Also hoping Del Rio shows Tom Brady pro tendencies.

Forgive me talking this when we have the SECCG upcoming ... but in an obvious way,
Treon has continuously made this season seem over.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I find it odd that an Elite 11 participant had to walk on anywhere. I know he had offers - but not from the big-boy schools. Usually E11 QBs have everyone lining up.
He is not a real walkon just like Doug Johnson wasnt a real walkon. DelRios dad is rich (and Doug had already made some insane amount for a minor league player) so why not allow the team to use a scholly elsewhere? Its really the ultimate team player move.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
The big thing is we could use a grad transfer so they will only be here for next year and not screw up progress for any of our young guys and allow treon to move to slot or transfer. My only problem with treon in the slot is don't actually think he's that fast. He's more slippery thank actually quick

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Geez, so many QB transfers ... we just gotta pick the best.
You have to realize these kids are demanding guaranteed playing time and will go to La Tech or similar if the demand isnt met.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just curious, but would anyone even care about this Del Rio kid if his name wasn't Del Rio?

I doubt it. I think I've lost count of the number of times it's been pointed out in posts he must be good because he's from a football family.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sass, for me Del Rio is a "hope" because he was raised on football.
So the expectation is : he knows how to spot more than one receiver and
how to be a "field general" ? His dad's & dad's friends' coaching early in
life hopefully makes him very good ? If his past schools were schemed to
make his skills irrelevant, his Dad would know how necessary for him to
transfer out of there. He came to Mac & Nuss to sharpen his skills, to get
to use them on the field. He came to out-compete Will Grier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator