Demarcus Robinson LOVES new offense

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
One thing for sure, it doesn't hurt to hear the guys fired up. They've dealt enough with crap the last four years.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It could be said that he (and the whole team) loves offense because it is a something they haven't seen their high school days. (The D loves it too because now they don't feel the pressure to win every game by shutting out the other team)

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's a great read. Lots of encouraging words in there. All those freshmen mentioned could very well contribute a lot this year. We'll need them. D. Rob sounds like he's matured a bit to me. That could be really good news.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Sure he does. It's "new car smell" vs. the decaying stench that only muschump could muster.

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
I like this quote: “I’m finally in an offense I came to play in. All of us are going to flourish in this offense. With the ball in space, a lot of us can get the job done.”

Oh, wait, that was last year:
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-florida/article1978555.html Really, what else are they going to say? They've been excited about the new offense every year for the last several years. So I'm with Ancient Reptile -- I'll get excited when we hang half a hundred on a really good team. Heck, I'll get excited if we score 35 on UT.
Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-of-florida/article1978555.html#storylink=cpy

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Getting the ball down the field? What the hell is that? We should be running the ball on every down. Receivers are there to block. They aren't there to catch passes.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Peese don't bet the farm on young player assessments. Glad they're enthusiastic, but we need a boatload of show me.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
maheo3 0;n258019 said:
Getting the ball down the field? What the hell is that? We should be running the ball on every down. Receivers are there to block. They aren't there to catch passes.

Your avatar alone deserves a "like."

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if Callaway is gonna be an instant impact freshman or another kid we hear all about in camp but never see much on the field.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:fingertap::stickpoke::jerkit::zzzzz::blahblah:

We've had a little too many :wtf: moments the last half decade to fall for that rhetoric again. Show me some game, and I'll rejoice going hoarse again...

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
NavetG8r;n258007 said:
That's a great read. Lots of encouraging words in there. All those freshmen mentioned could very well contribute a lot this year. We'll need them. D. Rob sounds like he's matured a bit to me. That could be really good news.
This is D-Rob's $$$$ year so we'll see him showout. I also expect to see Fulwood have a breakout year because the defenses are going to key on Robinson/Mcgee which will leave Fulwood in alot of single coverage with no help over the top. That's what I'm praying for anyway. Lol

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n258023 said:
Peese don't bet the farm on young player assessments. Glad they're enthusiastic, but we need a boatload of show me.

I tend to agree. Muschamp left us so messed up it will probably be year 2 until the offense makes huge strides...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am cautiously optimistic as well and in a show me some proof position. But, I am sure each season that they should progress and make huge strides. If this offense, this year reels in 150 yds. a game.....that will be huge compared to the 4 year debacle of Mustank. So anything at this point is a major improvement. That's the state that WM sunk us to.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
This is D-Rob's $$$$ year so we'll see him showout. I also expect to see Fulwood have a breakout year because the defenses are going to key on Robinson/Mcgee which will leave Fulwood in alot of single coverage with no help over the top. That's what I'm praying for anyway. Lol

I think Fulwood's biggest problem is separation. I see him more as a redzone target along with McGee.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
GatorJ;n258120 said:
I think Fulwood's biggest problem is separation. I see him more as a redzone target along with McGee.
He has to learn to become physical off the line and he'll be ok. From what I've been hearing is that mac has been stressing that with him. If he can learn that he has all the tools to become successful.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Under "Mustank" I think the players were actually caused to "hate" playing the game of football. Their spirits struggled
with that instead of learning, developing. All they were imprinted with was the HC red-faced downer they didn't want
to think about or think about his message, if there was one.

Watching on TV, many times if not all times, I saw players reach the sidelines where they were met by red-faced,
cross-eyed hatred and they just unsnapped their helmet strap and walked right by their HC ignoring him, not
wanting to think about him or his message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.