Demarcus Robinson

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
As one of our top players, he has been barely mentioned in 2014. If we had competent play at quarterback, he'd be an All-American. Who can forget his great performance against Kentucky? He may have had a couple drops, but he was absolutely our most dependable wide receiver. No matter who quarterbacks our team next year, I'm looking forward to watching him catch and run.

Name and town if you wish to opine (for those who understand the reference)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He was beating Fsu's corners constantly. It was painful to see we don't have a qb that could get him the ball.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In Mac's presser he said his call sheet has a column labeled "get it to", as in get it to this guy no matter what. Pretty sure Robinsons name was written there already.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He's good. I'm not sure he's All American, maybe next year . Best WR on this team by far. Needs to be getting 60 plus catches a year for sure. If we could get Fulwood and Worton in the mix with Robinson WR's should be looking up.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Correct, no doubt he's on Mac's get it to Column. He'll be torching those FSUck CB's next year in the Swamp.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Fulwood is more talented but Robinson has better hands.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n134882 said:
I would really like to see Alvin Bailey get some touches this year

TBH, I can't think of a single WR that I would want to get less touches. I want them all to get more than this past season.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just want to see our WR catch passes and score a bunch of TD's, the rest will fall in place.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well it is a process. If the QB can't identify the right receiver and throw the ball accurately nothing good happens. If the line can't protect him sufficiently again nothing good happens. If the backs don't pick up blitzes bad things happen. If the receivers don't run their routes including any adjustments properly nothing good happens. It is a team game always and every player on every play is important.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n134907 said:
Well it is a process. If the QB can't identify the right receiver and throw the ball accurately nothing good happens. If the line can't protect him sufficiently again nothing good happens. If the backs don't pick up blitzes bad things happen. If the receivers don't run their routes including any adjustments properly nothing good happens. It is a team game always and every player on every play is important.

Some are more important than others.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He definitely has some major talent. You see the coaches jumping on him quite a bit about things he does out there but he is definitely a playmaker.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
QueenCityGator;n134822 said:
Name and town if you wish to opine (for those who understand the reference)

Okay Bill..LOL
Russ, San Antonio, TX

I will say this about him. I think his best game was against UGLY. His stats may have not exploded off the page, but his blocking was critical in those big runs. I think he can be our best weapon if he can control the drops and contiue to improve in the run game. In other words don't be like Randy Moss and take plays off.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n134884 said:
I know he is a TE, but Westbrook could use less touches :lol:

No, see, you just cant throw to him when he is wide open. If he is covered by three or more players he will catch it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever;n134927 said:
He definitely has some major talent. You see the coaches jumping on him quite a bit about things he does out there but he is definitely a playmaker.

That's a good point. If we can get the ball to him on his breaks he will explode as far as YPR go. I think his upside is what he can do with the ball after the catch. He still needs a little work on his hands.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He also needs to work on running forward. For some reason he starts running backwards after he catches

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
t-gator;n134992 said:
He also needs to work on running forward. For some reason he starts running backwards after he catches

That was Muschamp's instructions so they could win the time of possession stat.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n134884 said:
I know he is a TE, but Westbrook could use less touches :lol:

The only thing he should be touching is the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator