DeVon Walker to Transfer

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.onlygators.com/03/28/2016/report-florida-gators-f-devon-walker-to-transfer/

Ten months ago, Florida Gators forward DeVon Walker was planning to rebound from a torn ACL that cost him the entire 2014-15 season. With another year passing and his return from injury not having gone as planned, Walker will transfer from Florida, the school announced Monday morning.

“DeVon is an outstanding young man, and his we’re proud of him reaching an important milestone with his upcoming graduation,” head coach Mike White said in a statement.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I wish him well, and hope we can pick up someone fantastic to replace his scholarship.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just didn't fit in...

Good luck young man.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't he taking his injury with him? He was a full-speed Gator = thanks DeVon.
Hope you reach a team where you can shine some.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bfr is next. Usf is the rumor

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I feel bad for a guy like Walker who played important minutes in 2013-14 but was injured at exactly the wrong moment in his career for him and UF. Had he been able to build on his Soph season, he could have had a solid career at UF and UF might have been more the team we expected in 2014-15. I am glad for Walker he can graduate and go play someplace he can rebuild his confidence. The SEC is a tough league in which to rebuild confidence.

Bfr is next. Usf is the rumor

I am outside the loop of any rumors but to me Francis seeking to go elsewhere might make sense. He came to UF reputed to be athletic but raw and that is how he was as a redshirt frosh. Since he has already redshirted, I wonder if it does not make more sense for him personally to give UF one more shot this coming season and work on graduating. If he has been serious at UF, next year this time he could be a graduate transfer with two years to play, with seems to me to be much better than sitting another year this quickly. On the other hand if he has not been a serious student at UF, then he probably should pay the price and sit another year now.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I feel bad for a guy like Walker who played important minutes in 2013-14 but was injured at exactly the wrong moment in his career for him and UF. Had he been able to build on his Soph season, he could have had a solid career at UF and UF might have been more the team we expected in 2014-15. I am glad for Walker he can graduate and go play someplace he can rebuild his confidence. The SEC is a tough league in which to rebuild confidence.

I am outside the loop of any rumors but to me Francis seeking to go elsewhere might make sense. He came to UF reputed to be athletic but raw and that is how he was as a redshirt frosh. Since he has already redshirted, I wonder if it does not make more sense for him personally to give UF one more shot this coming season and work on graduating. If he has been serious at UF, next year this time he could be a graduate transfer with two years to play, with seems to me to be much better than sitting another year this quickly. On the other hand if he has not been a serious student at UF, then he probably should pay the price and sit another year now.

I believe he sat out the first year due to academics, but I hope you are correct that has taken his studies seriously.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I believe he sat out the first year due to academics, but I hope you are correct that has taken his studies seriously.

I believe he did sit the first year because of academics, but of course some of that was having some courses a from foreign school and learning in a new language. So while I don't know he took his studies seriously, if he and makes a real push to graduate this year, it might be in everyone's best interest for him to remain at UF this year to see if he could make a consistent break through on the court. One of the great things about the SR transfer rule is that kids have a real basketball incentive to graduate as quickly as they can since it gives them more options.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to see BFR stay and see what he can do next year. I don't think we're going to be able to bring in anybody better than him (yeah, yeah, he struggled mightily, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel on him yet). Heck, I'd be happy with just one serviceable player (preferably PG) to replace Walker. At this stage of the game getting two players to transfer in who will make an impact next season would by nigh impossible.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who? Scout teamer? Never heard of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads