DFS at Portsmouth Invitational

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Leading all scorers with 23 points right now. Making himself some $$$ I am betting.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
28 points now. Good for him, hope this helps him get into the late 1st round

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Way to go, hero.

>> although odd that he never scored 28 for us. What's gotten in to him....
... bet he's hit all his FTs ??

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
From the box scores there Finney-Smith scored 54 points and had 29 rebounds in this 3 games. That is an average of 18 points and a rebound short of 10 boards a game.

I am not sure how much one can help oneself at the PIT these day, but he certainly did not hurt himself.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Awesome! DFS is my favorite Gator since the 04s. Remember how he defended home court against the punks from WVU and sparked the team in a rout? He needs to bring that attitude every game.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Awesome! DFS is my favorite Gator since the 04s. Remember how he defended home court against the punks from WVU and sparked the team in a rout? He needs to bring that attitude every game.

I agree but I would have liked to have seen that fire more than once this season. Doe Doe seemed to be sleep walking most of the season and underachieved in my mind. He seemed to be a better player as sophomore than as a senior.
I have always believed the that he had NBA skills so I hope he makes it.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The measurement data is in from Portsmouth.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre...rce=Portsmouth&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=

I am a bit surprised he is 6'6" without shoes. Still 6'7.5" with shoes is why UF listed him at 6'8".

Here is an analysis of Finney-Smith at Portsmouth:

"-Florida standout Dorian Finney-Smith confirmed the many measurements we have on him dating back to 2010, measuring 6'7.5 in shoes with a 215-pound frame. While not exceptionally tall or bulky for a combo forward, he compensates with a strong near-7-foot wingspan. The Portsmouth native had an outstanding week playing in front of family and friends, showing he's a cut above anyone in attendance, and likely helping his NBA stock significantly in the process."

http://www.draftexpress.com/article...al-Tournament-Measurements-and-Analysis-5446/

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator