Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah has to be a joke, besides they have plenty of money as is anyways

Correct
This is a total joke that didn’t hit very well

Given what we learned during the FBI Addidas investigation, Doc may want to avoid jokes about Duke paying players since they are in fact paying basketball players.

Then again, I am sure Doc knows that the NCAA would never ever go after Duke

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Obligatory mention that any top high school basketball recruit is already getting paid out the ass long before he signs his LOI.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Obligatory mention that any top high school basketball recruit is already getting paid out the ass long before he signs his LOI.

Which is why I chuckle every time I hear some idiot whine about exploiting the players.

The very best players have been paid since junior high in some form or another

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who foresaw Billy D’s greatness beyond his parents is lying. We caught lightning in a bottle. Too bad for Mike White. He’ll never measure up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who foresaw Billy D’s greatness beyond his parents is lying. We caught lightning in a bottle. Too bad for Mike White. He’ll never measure up.
And unfortunately it "taught" Fooley that all we had to do was hire an assistant of the great coach and we were off to the races.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And unfortunately it "taught" Fooley that all we had to do was hire an assistant of the great coach and we were off to the races.

CEOs all have an ego. They want to make their mark, Foley included of course. I think he was itching to move out from beneath SOS’ shadow. Donovan turned out to be a brilliant hire, but with it we had to endure an emboldened Foley determined to be known for his ability to find diamonds in the rough.

When you trade penny stocks, you either win big or you lose big.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
CEOs all have an ego. .
I had a friend who work directly for him. his comment was that they did not have a room big enough for Foley and Spurrier's ego at the same time.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I had a friend who work directly for him. his comment was that they did not have a room big enough for Foley and Spurrier's ego at the same time.

Jeremy was never going to win that battle. His ego is a whole lot more fragile than Steve’s.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Someone’s going to chime in that Foley did win with Spurrier’s exit to the NFL. I think Spurrier left because he was ready to, but I also think Foley may have had oneupsmanship in mind when he pulled the resume crap trap in 2004.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.