Does Fred Durst belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The Hollywood Fashion Plate, a/k/a "Classy" Freddie Blassie, Junior High Insults HOF?

iu

Alex.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
He grew up in Jacksonville…..went to Terry Parker I believe….I only know him from Limp Bizkit fame and while they were definitely on top of the rock scene for a few years, I’m not sure they have the longevity for the HOF…..it seemed like after the “My Way” single, they vanished

This is probably the only knock on them being considered, since they largely disappeared after 2002/2003.

For that 99-03 stretch, they were easily the most famous rock band alongside Linkin Park; but Fred Durst sought the spotlight in a way that Chester didn't and I think Limp Bizkit was a bit more visible in that timeframe (from TRL to the MTV awards, etc.).

That said, they had at least as many hit singles/albums as some of the other inductees to the R&R HoF, so they have as good a case as any.

Overall, I'd put Linkin Park as more deserving of the two though since they had more staying power and their style/music evolved over that timeframe too. Plus, there's no question Chester Bennington had better vocals.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The Rock and Roll HOF is just like what the Grand Ole Opry has turned into, a cash cow that will let anyone in to try and sell tickets and make coin. Inducting Darius Rucker was the final nail in the Opry coffin.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
The Rock and Roll HOF is just like what the Grand Ole Opry has turned into, a cash cow that will let anyone in to try and sell tickets and make coin. Inducting Darius Rucker was the final nail in the Opry coffin.

Yep....when you start letting non country people get in, it becomes pointless

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He belongs in the Douchebag Hall of Fame, that's for sure.

I met his ex-wife in 1999 timeframe (when I was still in the Navy Reserves). She was getting her annual flight physical and I asked her if she was related to him....she rolled her eyes and said "He's my ex-husband". She did say that he made music for their daughter without the curse words/vulgarity, which I thought was pretty cool.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You’re not an NSYNC guy, are you?

:lol:
No, I like real music, not whiny fags who bang on instruments and make noises into microphones then pretend it's music. GnR, STP, AiC, PJ, etc. Groups like Korn and limp dipshts can GF themselves.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
He belongs in the Douchebag Hall of Fame, that's for sure.

No arguments here, btw.

They had iconic songs for their era...but was he an unquestionable douchebag? Yup.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, I like real music, not whiny fags who bang on instruments and make noises into microphones then pretend it's music. Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, Otown, New Kids On The Block, etc. Groups like Korn and limp dipshts can GF themselves.
See, I told you guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator