Doug Nussmeier

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I said it before last year how much of a joke Nussmeier is. When he don't have the talent he don't have the numbers. I on the fire the whole damn staff but we can start with him. But I don't want to see this whole new coordinator every year. I say get rid of Nussmeier bring in a top guy who can recruit and give them next year and make the decision on the whole staff after that.

He had a QB with big numbers prior to Bama.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
He had a QB with big numbers prior to Bama.
Yeah tell me about the past I love a good history lesson. It's all about what have you done for me lately these days. And last I checked he hasn't been worth a flip the last 2 years

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I'd wager he had 5 stars all over the offense. Corky could've set records with that talent. Color me unimpressed with Nuss so far.
I watch the other teams passing attack, and they throw the ball downfield. Nuss is a dink and dunker. He loves that sideline screen which is the longest throw the QB makes except for the first pass of the game. If things are going to stay the same, this offense will end up 111th again this year. Can you imagine SOS losing sleep designing a 5 yard pass play.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I watch the other teams passing attack, and they throw the ball downfield. Nuss is a dink and dunker. He loves that sideline screen which is the longest throw the QB makes except for the first pass of the game. If things are going to stay the same, this offense will end up 111th again this year. Can you imagine SOS losing sleep designing a 5 yard pass play.

I admit I didnt like seeing that so much either. It works good if you have shown to be a threat down the field a little but against the better defenses doesnt work too great if the downfield threat isnt there. Roper had success with those screens until we hit SEC play and then they were just too predictable.

Nuss at Washington threw the ball down the field some and at Bama but he did run quite a few screens at Bama. At Michigan Nuss was definitely dinking and dunking with no success.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Kaaya has been a two or three year starter there. A bit different than one making his first.
Very true. However he is in a completely new offensive system with very different coaches. Del Rio has been in our system two years albeit, this was his first start.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
[QUOTE="SGG, post: 367922, member: 588"]I think we all expected 50+, but the world doesn't stop turning because it didn't happen. It's not time to mail in the season, either. Who doesn't want to win every game by 40 points? I'd love for that to happen, but is it realistic? Nope. Am I going to incessantly bytch about it not happening? Nope.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone expected 50+.

My prediction of a 27 point differential on August 30th was off by 10 points.

1. UMass may be a horrible team...based on last year. But like the stock market, history is no guarantee of future performance. Fact is we won't know how much of a cupcake they were until well into this season.

2. First game. Anything is possible. Rain, injuries, overconfidence, poor play, bad luck, etc.

3. Contrarian view. When "everyone" expects a 90's era Spurrier-esque blowout, it is often wrong opinion.

4. This just in...Spurrier era is over.

Just sayin...

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty disheartening watching that Francois kid for the clowns run and pass all over ol'Miss. Not only a better QB than anyone we have after one game, but a better athlete than anyone we have on the field.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty disheartening watching that Francois kid for the clowns run and pass all over ol'Miss. Not only a better QB than anyone we have after one game, but a better athlete than anyone we have on the field.
:suicide2:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Are you blowing your brains out because my post is the truth or because it's too pessimistic?
I was jumping off a cliff, not blowing my brains out.....

.....and it's because it's the truth. :suicide:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was jumping off a cliff, not blowing my brains out.....

.....and it's because it's the truth. :suicide:
Oh, all I see on tapatalk is the text rather than the actual emote. Yeah, I was counting the number of plays he made that LDR will never be able to make, but I had to stop at 21 when I ran out of appendages.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, for all the it takes a kid/a coach/a team/a coordinator/a unit, etc. a few years to gel comments, this week provided yet many more examples that brand new kids including freshman can come right in and dominate in systems brand new to them.

Tom Herman walks in and kills it with a team of barely D1 scrubs, and does so against the big boys, then does it again first game this year. Once again a freshman qb for halfassu comes in and lights it up in the 2nd half of a game against a legitimate top team, then you got bama's brand new fresh qb throwing freaking lasers all over the field. Harbaugh comes in and wins 10 games his first year with a bunch of nobody's, then hangs 70 points on somebody this weekend.

But yeah, its unreasonable for anyone to expect that type of success at the University of Florida, and if you do you're ridiculous :rolleyes:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, for all the it takes a kid/a coach/a team/a coordinator/a unit, etc. a few years to gel comments, this week provided yet many more examples that brand new kids including freshman can come right in and dominate in systems brand new to them.

Tom Herman walks in and kills it with a team of barely D1 scrubs, and does so against the big boys, then does it again first game this year. Once again a freshman qb for halfassu comes in and lights it up in the 2nd half of a game against a legitimate top team, then you got bama's brand new fresh qb throwing freaking lasers all over the field. Harbaugh comes in and wins 10 games his first year with a bunch of nobody's, then hangs 70 points on somebody this weekend.

But yeah, its unreasonable for anyone to expect that type of success at the University of Florida, and if you do you're ridiculous :rolleyes:

In the rain? It was his first game! We had injuries. We had suspensions. It was raining. UMass is underrated. Take your pick.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Comon Durty, everyone knows running the option negates talent.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Yes I am a :pumper:pumper. However I think its starting to get cloudy. I think if we have the improved OL play that we were promised, I will be back to pumping. Until then I am on the fence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.