Dre Massey's mother cries

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, wait....those are only 3 star tears being shed. They don't mean as much as 4 or 5 star tears.:cry2:

I, for one, like the emotion. Hopefully Massey comes in and tears it up, along with getting that UF sheepskin.

Oh, and a big **** YOU to Duncechump. Get used to losing the good ones you bastard!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, the feeling when you get that letter is amazing.

Can't imagine what it's like for a football player.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Glad to see there are still people in this country who are still appreciative of things. That mother doesn't feel entitled and I don't think her son feels so either.

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
That's just beautiful. I hope he lights the field on fire.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
The one thing I took from this was that his mother reminded us all the most important thing for these athletes; education.

Not sure on the backstory on his mother but many athletes are at times the first or second members of their families to get an education; regardless of what they do on the field, they will have a degree to fall back upon and be able to do things their families weren't able to do.

I'm trying not to generalize or cross racial barriers but many athletes come from really bad places and this is likely many of their first opportunities to change the course of not only their lives but their future families lives as well.

Good for the kid, good for the mother.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Sweeet. Imagine how she is going to feel when he takes one to the house. Great to be a Gator!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great for them. Too bad more parents aren't as appreciative of what an acceptance letter to THE University of Florida is really worth. Hope he takes full advantage of it!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Glad to see a mother aware of the LONG term potential of a coinciding education instead of how many "villages" or "arcade" games are available to sloth over between practices... :clap:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He has been upgraded to a 4* for those that care about that sort of thing.

As for the acceptance letter, I never had emotions about it. I applied only to UF and knew I'd be accepted. That was back when UF cared about the in state students though

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Wait, wait....those are only 3 star tears being shed. They don't mean as much as 4 or 5 star tears.:cry2:

I, for one, like the emotion. Hopefully Massey comes in and tears it up, along with getting that UF sheepskin.

Oh, and a big **** YOU to Duncechump. Get used to losing the good ones you bastard!

Those are 5* tears in my book. That kid just became one of my favorite recruits solely because of his mom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.