Eagles Farewell Tour Mar 4th Orlando

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
So just to circle back....no one wants to actually go with me to this?
Orlando? Fuk no!!! Had you said something like "Waffle House in Clermont"... it woulda been a
Nbc Noice GIF by Law & Order

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Does this offer include travel expenses? i.e. airfare, hotel, rental car, eats... If so, I'm in... :fistbump:

Gee...would you like me to go ahead and get your concert ticket too? Do you like your popcorn with butter?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I saw them in DC in 2013 and they were great. Saw Don Henley solo in 2015 and he sucked (he had released a new album and played the entire album and about 2 or 3 Eagles songs, plus a couple of his other solo songs).

Saw Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, Phil Collins all in the 2015-2018 timeframe. Phil Collins was walking with a cane, had to sit through the entire show - his teenaged son played the drums which was cool.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seeing the Stones in Orlando in June. I’m expecting lots of wheelchair ramps, several intermissions for bathroom breaks, and the aroma of Bengay.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I saw the Eagles at the Swamp way back in the day and it was a great show.

The current iteration doesn’t include Don Felder so I have very little interest in seeing them now without the hometown guy.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Seeing the Stones in Orlando in June. I’m expecting lots of wheelchair ramps, several intermissions for bathroom breaks, and the aroma of Bengay.

Saw them in Orlando several years ago, maybe 2015?

Assumed they would suck, but seeing the Stones live was a bucket list type thing. I went in with low expectations.

I was shocked at how good it was. They really brought it. I walked out of there understanding exactly why they're among the greatest rock acts ever.

About the middle of the show, they introduced the band and then Keith Richards sang 2 songs while Jagger disappeared (presumably going backstage for a cup of hot tea or a line of coke, could go either way). I'm assuming he needed a break and to rest his voice. It was obviously baked into the set list and carefully choreographed so the break didn't detract from the show which was high energy from beginning to end. I never saw Jagger struggle or look tired or sound hoarse. He was phenomenal out there.

Of course that's nearly a decade ago now.

I hope you get a good show.

Alex.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Again?! How many farewell tours are they going to do?
Mine and my friends parents were going to their "farewell" tours when I was still in high school in the late 90's when they were supposed to have just gotten back together for that one album.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Mine and my friends parents were going to their "farewell" tours when I was still in high school in the late 90's when they were supposed to have just gotten back together for that one album.
Yeah, i remember $135/ticket when this farewell tour started in the mid-90s... said "fuk no" then.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Saw them in Tampa in 2021 (making up the original 2020 date) and will be seeing them in Orlando. The show was excellent, they know exactly who they are.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Orlando? Fuk no!!! Had you said something like "Waffle House in Clermont"... it woulda been a
:lol:

This made me laugh because it’s the dilemma that I’m currently facing. @Seedy is traveling to Orlando for 3 three days before the spring game in Gainesville. If I go with him, we could go to the game that weekend. But I have to go face Orlando for 3 days to get there.

First world problems…

Kind Of Idk GIF

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Why not go on to Gainesville w/o Seedy? I’m sure he knows his way.
It's a 10 hour drive to Gainesville by myself and he would fly to Orlando as a company expense.
If we went together they would pay mileage.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
:lol:

This made me laugh because it’s the dilemma that I’m currently facing. @Seedy is traveling to Orlando for 3 three days before the spring game in Gainesville. If I go with him, we could go to the game that weekend. But I have to go face Orlando for 3 days to get there.

First world problems…

Kind Of Idk GIF

Where in Orlando (generally)?

Orlando crowds and traffic are annoying, but you might be in an area with some redeeming value.

Check your hotel's website. Some big hotels don't even have a pool, some have a big zero-entry pool, water slides, lazy river, cabanas, etc.

If you're in the eastern part, you could have a beach day or two. Orlando people love driving to Cocoa Beach and setting up near Coconuts. About 45 minutes.

Kissimmee is touristy and mostly sucks but if you are in that area and willing to drop some coin, you could drive a tank or shoot a machine gun. Think how jealous Seedy would be. Of course, that's more "guy" type stuff. I guess there's a lot of big outlet malls too. Chicks love outlet malls.

If you're a Harry Potter nut, you could hit Universal. If you're a roller coaster nut, you could hit Sea World. Disney? Nah. You'd have to be nuts to go to Disney. :lol:

There's some good restaurants in town too. Lots of pricey celebrity chef places if you're addicted to the food network, but also lots of mom-n-pop places, mostly immigrant owned, where you can get some spectacular ethnic food for reasonable prices--Venezuelan, Colombian, Brazilian, etc. Also, because tourists from all around the country and the world come to Orlando, lots of regional or small chains open there to help spread the word about their offerings. It's weird, but Orlando has a White Castle, a Portillos, a McAllister's Deli, a Raising Cane, a Kung Fu Kitchen, etc. I suspect the first In-n-Out Burger they build east of the Mississippi will be in Orlando too.

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Where in Orlando (generally)?

Orlando crowds and traffic are annoying, but you might be in an area with some redeeming value.

Check your hotel's website. Some big hotels don't even have a pool, some have a big zero-entry pool, water slides, lazy river, cabanas, etc.

If you're in the eastern part, you could have a beach day or two. Orlando people love driving to Cocoa Beach and setting up near Coconuts. About 45 minutes.

Kissimmee is touristy and mostly sucks but if you are in that area and willing to drop some coin, you could drive a tank or shoot a machine gun. Think how jealous Seedy would be. Of course, that's more "guy" type stuff. I guess there's a lot of big outlet malls too. Chicks love outlet malls.

If you're a Harry Potter nut, you could hit Universal. If you're a roller coaster nut, you could hit Sea World. Disney? Nah. You'd have to be nuts to go to Disney. :lol:

There's some good restaurants in town too. Lots of pricey celebrity chef places if you're addicted to the food network, but also lots of mom-n-pop places, mostly immigrant owned, where you can get some spectacular ethnic food for reasonable prices--Venezuelan, Colombian, Brazilian, etc. Also, because tourists from all around the country and the world come to Orlando, lots of regional or small chains open there to help spread the word about their offerings. It's weird, but Orlando has a White Castle, a Portillos, a McAllister's Deli, a Raising Cane, a Kung Fu Kitchen, etc. I suspect the first In-n-Out Burger they build east of the Mississippi will be in Orlando too.

Alex.
Thanks for the Orlando recommendations.

ChampionsGate - never heard of it before but it looks like a world unto itself. SW of Orlando actually. It’s says it’s 1500 acres. However it ends on Thursday so we would need to figure out what to do until Saturday. Debating on trying to go to a football game in the fall instead.

Did you say drive a tank and shoot a machine gun?! :lol:

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the Orlando recommendations.

ChampionsGate - never heard of it before but it looks like a world unto itself. SW of Orlando actually. It’s says it’s 1500 acres. However it ends on Thursday so we would need to figure out what to do until Saturday. Debating on trying to go to a football game in the fall instead.

Did you say drive a tank and shoot a machine gun?! :lol:
Champions Gate is for golfers and people who want to rent a McMansion through Airbnb or VRBO.

That area is like its own little city. All new construction, most property owned by investors. It’s actually pretty close to Tampa which is great if you like “gentlemen’s clubs”.

It’s not close to Orlando proper, but it’s not too far from the tourist traps in Kissimmee.

You would just need to kill one day.

Lakeridge Winery in Cleremont is an option. It’s not Napa Valley, but they do a tour.

North of Tampa is a little city called Tarpon Springs. It was founded by Greek sponge divers so the downtown mimics a Greek island. They used to do reenact sponge dives (big brass helmets, lead boots).

If you wanted to do a beach, from there I’d hit the Gulf side. Clearwater has great beaches.

Or you could drive tanks, shoot machine guns, eat mofongo, and buy mouse ears.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator