Eddy Pineiro Kicking ass and taking names

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...-sturgis-mentoring-gators-rookie-eddy-pineiro

Don't know if this has been posted before if so I DONT CARE. its new to me.
If you like watching Eddy kick you'll like this. Hits one from 71 and a bunch from 50 (maybe 60). Says Caleb Sturgis has been flying down to work with him and he's been working with Judd Davis. He's calm, cool, tan, rested and ready. Looking forward to seeing that big leg help us win a few.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He seems aware that he has a hook in the flight of the ball. Too many kickers aim straight, only to watch
the ball curve off-track.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He seems aware that he has a hook in the flight of the ball. Too many kickers aim straight, only to watch
the ball curve off-track.
was a high level soccer player for years, hes probably very familiar with the curve as are all high level players.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure it's a nice feeling for Mac knowing that crossing the 50 yard line means you're practically in field goal range.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Really can't stress enough how big this pick up was for Mac. Maybe his best recruit overall when you consider how many games we've had in the last three years negatively impacted by the kicking game.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Really can't stress enough how big this pick up was for Mac. Maybe his best recruit overall when you consider how many games we've had in the last three years negatively impacted by the kicking game.
Hell, how many points did we leave on the field from lack of a reliable kicker just last season? Take away all of the missed field goal attempts, and throw in all of the times we had to go for it on 4th down because we didn't have a good enough kicker to lean on and that adds up. Real momentum killer.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
All the spundrips' talk about how mew we are, then how potent UT will be. That has me at the worry-point
where only whalloping our first 2 opponents will sooth that worry. And ... though I love having Eddie's
3-point ability, but at the end of the season how many FGs would have won those last games ?

For the all's well feeling to hit me, I need :
1) LDR to surgically slice up the defenses & engineer drives down the field to TDs.(and PATs by Eddie)
2) WRs to get YACs adequate times to make our O somewhat explosive (Spurrier & Danny style)
3) Our DL & LBs need to be swarming, with badazz TFLs.
4) Our DBs need to cover tight and get INTs.
5) In other words = we need to be ranked #1, #2, or #3 in the SEC in all those categories. My worried
question is: can we do that? Really, looking at our inexperience at crucial positions, we can't know ?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Me too, but I bet the punter is going to be like "WTF?"
Townsend will probably appreciate it since he won't be asked to pooch punt from the opponents 40 yard line anymore - with Eddie kicking 50+ yard FGs, when Townsend is punting he can probably give it all he's got. His average yards per punt will likely increase.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want our 3rd down decisions to be interfered with by the thought that : "Well... it will be easy to
kick 3 if we fail to get a first down."

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Da truth. He'll probably mean as many as three wins and there'll be some sick 58-yarder involved along the way. Then he'll become some sort of cult figure on campus. We'll all be loving it. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.