EDSBS - "Erase This Game - MIZZ 42 - FLA 13"

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Erase this game MIZZ 42 - FLA 13

I do like EDSBS and enjoy how frequently they bloggers not only make fun of things, but are willing to do so of themselves. There has been a series of "Erase this game..." spanning all of NCAAF, but this one was directed at UF (the site is a Gator site, for those that don't know). Anyway, reading this one left me laughing at several points. Yes, that game is a painful memory, but the writers' approach to this is quite humorous, IMO. Some of the better excerpts:

In discussing the kick return for a TD:
By the way, when that kick return happened I guffawed and realized that I was the only person who thought this was funny. You think you're normal and thinking things that everyone thinks, and then you go to Florida Field and sit behind someone who honestly still believed there was hope. This only made me laugh harder. I think a few years ago I would have been more polite, but I nearly got into a fight with the dude in front of me by going "REALLY?" when he said "Come on, Will, you got this?" I should leave the house more often.

On no longer being a 'pumper'
That's probably at the heart of why some Florida fans are pissed at us; we don't root for good things to happen to the team no matter what. It comes off as petty and spiteful, but I've always thought of it as...clinical, maybe. We have tested this football strategy on 200 rabbits. All 200 have died. If I'm not rooting for it to work on test rabbit 201, it's because I want the tests to end.

On the ill advised TD pass TH threw into heavy coverage:
You have to appreciate the game's scripting. Even the desperate, shutout-breaking TD was an accident.

And a bitter cosmic comment on Driskel's entire career. You spend the better part of three quarters disintegrating in front of a horrified audience, and your replacement comes in, makes the most irresponsible game decision imaginable, and gets a TD.

If Driskel threw that ball he would have broken his femur and then been run over by two Mizzou defenders on the way to a 103 yard INT return. And then a Russian satellite would have fallen on him.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hilarious article. That was the worst football game I've ever watched in person. Can't do anything but laugh about it now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GIF2.0.gif

The worst thing about that page is this image. You can see that Trip Thurman is playing left guard and gets punked despite help from Harrison. It was not as bad as Mary Tyler Moore missing that stunt by the right DT and blocking no one, which is to say MTM whiffed completely as usual, but Thurman was burned nonetheless. Let's hope TT is drastically better.

The good news is MTM "turned pro" early. So we've got that going for us.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We have tested this football strategy on 200 rabbits. All 200 have died. If I'm not rooting for it to work on test rabbit 201, it's because I want the tests to end.

Sums up my feelings about the last two seasons of 'chump ball.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n270027 said:
Hilarious article. That was the worst football game I've ever watched in person. Can't do anything but laugh about it now.
If you flew down from Indiana for that game and wasted all that money (well...points i guess) for that **** show you wouldn't be laughing. I still can't laugh except for when the fire WM chants were raining down...i did not participate in that chant but i laughed

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n270168 said:
GIF2.0.gif

The worst thing about that page is this image. You can see that Trip Thurman is playing left guard and gets punked despite help from Harrison. It was not as bad as Mary Tyler Moore missing that stunt by the right DT and blocking no one, which is to say MTM whiffed completely as usual, but Thurman was burned nonetheless. Let's hope TT is drastically better.

The good news is MTM "turned pro" early. So we've got that going for us.

Wasn't that the game that Harris almost got his head taken off because the RB missed an obvious block?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All I really remember about that game was laughing through it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n270212 said:
If you flew down from Indiana for that game and wasted all that money (well...points i guess) for that **** show you wouldn't be laughing. I still can't laugh except for when the fire WM chants were raining down...i did not participate in that chant but i laughed

Yeah, well, that's like, your problem, man.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n270220 said:
Wasn't that the game that Harris almost got his head taken off because the RB missed an obvious block?
It's all fuzzy to me now. Like others I got to the point of just laughing and enjoying the Fire Muschamp chants and little more.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
I think a few years ago I would have been more polite, but I nearly got into a fight with the dude in front of me by going "REALLY?" when he said "Come on, Will, you got this?" I should leave the house more often.

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator