Emory Jones' father responds to transfer rumors

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
to(injury)He'll probably be more complete due to having the time to be developed as a pass first/run second QB instead of the other way around.
What about the plays he has been in this year makes you think he's been/being developed as a pass first/run second QB?

I mean the plays are like 9 to 1 (total guess lol) run to pass when he was in.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't speak donkeese. Translate to english.
Weird. I don't know.

On my phone
It looked like
You wrote like
This for some
unknown reason.

And then it corrected button to butt, which my autocorrect seems to at random from time to time and often I don't read after posting.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Weird. I don't know.

On my phone
It looked like
You wrote like
This for some
unknown reason.

And then it corrected button to butt, which my autocorrect seems to at random from time to time and often I don't read after posting.

Sure you did.
88da8cd6e74ca6cdee99a16af2a46aeb.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
What about the plays he has been in this year makes you think he's been/being developed as a pass first/run second QB?

I mean the plays are like 9 to 1 (total guess lol) run to pass when he was in.
Oh make no mistake he will get/take/RPO/ 10-12 carries a game but what I was referring to was having time to mature and fully understand the passing game much better than if he were thrust into that position earlier in his career.
I didn't think much of his chances of being a good QB before this season based on what I saw and thought but he's doing the right things and learning as he goes. Hell in Mullens preferred offense he may end up being pretty damned good. Time will tell.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh make no mistake he will get/take/RPO/ 10-12 carries a game but what I was referring to was having time to mature and fully understand the passing game much better than if he were thrust into that position earlier in his career.
I didn't think much of his chances of being a good QB before this season based on what I saw and thought but he's doing the right things and learning as he goes. Hell in Mullens preferred offense he may end up being pretty damned good. Time will tell.
I get what you are saying...but I don't see anything about the style of play that showed they were grooming him to be pass first.

Now it is what I, and obviously you, would prefer, but as of yet they have downright refused to let him throw except on rare occasions. I think there is a reason for that. I think he has some of the raw materials to make a decent passer, but, I believe he may be inaccurate when he has to throw on the regular.
Maybe it is mental and they are slowly bringing him along, but if he was a solid passer, I find it hard to believe they haven't let him throw more when in a game, when it was always so obvious he was going to run.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
In my opinion, he would have to be not just a little bit better to win the job. To overcome Mullen's conservative attitude, he would have to be almost perfect and I don't think that's possible.
I think the fact that he continued to go with Franks over Trask until Franks got hurt blows that theory. But we will see. We have a good problem though, one we haven't had in awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator