Emory Jones in a cast - Proof

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
5B2CD066-934D-4D30-9367-90368D2DD1A2.jpeg In turning on the replay, I got this definitive proof that EJ is in a cast. It makes Trask running the ball even more perplexing. We have one backup - a true freshman and we are risking our absolute asset of Kyle Trask to keep showing Mullen’s favorite play. Pointless with a guy who can’t really make plays with his legs.

The photo quality isn’t great. Only the tips of his fingers are sticking out and they are trying to hide it with the long sleeves, but on my TV it is obvious, unlike this photo.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
AR isn’t just a true freshman. He is a true freshman who didn’t get the normal work because of the China flu mess. If he has to play, we are screwed. Toney probably knows this offense better than AR.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
the obvious answer is to just let Trash run.

I mean, I've heard we have these things called running backs but that seems just too nouveau and risky.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Can’t play scared
Should be 2 called runs/ option keepers for him per game, with him scrambling for first downs when necessary
Gotta keep teams honest

Although I agree with not playing scared. There are a few issues with the called runs/option keepers:
  1. He isn't the best runner and you can keep teams honest by running with the backs.
  2. "Option Keepers" can't be called because options, by both name and nature, have the person toting the rock decided based on how the defense plays the play. Why force him to keep it when the handoff may be the best option?
Now, as far as scrambling, I am totally for this. Make them hurt and have to keep an eye out for it when in coverage. This also can slow overly aggressive defenses, like when Corral keeps scrambling.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can’t play scared
Should be 2 called runs/ option keepers for him per game, with him scrambling for first downs when necessary
Gotta keep teams honest
You can't "call" an option. If you run an option play which most nonfootball people keep calling "counters" on this board, then the defense "calls" who carries. The QB keeps or gives depending on what the DE or EMOL (end man on the line, might be a LB or even bear safety) does.

If you run options, which we still do several times a series, you require the QB to potentially keep and get hit. It's an insane risk with a guy who isn't a runner anyway and with irreplaceable arm talent.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I think it’s obviously important to keep Trask safe and give Jones time to heal. My biggest concern though is a scenario where we need to rely on #13 there. He’s tiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.