End of Season Offense Stats

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Team passing - 82
Team rushing - 27
Total offense - 42
Scoring - 22

My thoughts: happy with the improvement on all fronts (especially scoring). It was fun watching us being offensively competent the vast majority of the time.

Even that 82nd passing ranking is improvement. Is it possible for Franks to get us into the 50s? That’s the million dollar question.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Play calling and execution improved as we went along. So glad to see after so many incompetent years. Mullen has a championship attitude so lets hope he can follow thru. Its been way too long.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Never could’ve imagined such a turnaround in year one. What was our scoring offense last year? In the 100’s?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Can't really blame a lot of recruits for not wanting to touch past hot garbage. Glad numbers are out so they can see things are changing.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
If FF could learn to hit on the wide open long balls we missed.....keep making the baby steps to leaps of improvement :)

Go Gators

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
It's quite a step up with more or less the same players. Not too many freshman really made a huge impact. Coaching S&C are about the only thing you can put that on... That's a wow from me.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Making it to 22 for scoring is good, especially considering how we would bog down in the redzone, left a lot of points on those drives.

We probably would have been in the 50's had Franks been able to go through his progressions better, and hit wide open receivers in almost every game. But without a doubt, there was improvement with him and the passing game. Another take is the type of passing game, the bubble screen, short passing game doesn't put the numbers that pass happy teams taking shots all over the field have.

Bottom line, this is the kind of improvement we needed. Another year with the system, the whole team should make bigger strides.

Go Gators

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The passing yards per game isn't that bad when you consider even the 2008 squad was 61st in passing yards per game. This isn't a passing first offense, and with all the offenses who do nothing but pass, you can take that ranking with a grain of salt. Also take into account that a team like Washington St., who is #1 in passing yards this year, is also 129th out of 130 in rushing yards per game. How you get the yards doesn't really matter sometimes as long as you get them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How you get the yards doesn't really matter sometimes as long as you get them.
It's also important to note how we finished, moving the ball at will and scoring a bunch against two pretty talented defenses. If we average 450+ yards next year like we did in the last two games, we will be top 20-25ish.

And 40ish points is top 10.

Last edited:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Night and day compared to the last 8 years regardless of the numbers. All you have to do is watch the O and can see the difference. Toward the end of the season you even felt confidence that Franks would make the plays when needed. It was actually fun again.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
not much of a thread cause the numbers and improvement and positive direction of the program cannot be disputed. Go Gators!! :pumper:

I'm starting to think you have paranoid delusions. No one said anything negative. Who the F are you talking g to?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm starting to think you have paranoid delusions. No one said anything negative. Who the F are you talking g to?
He lives on cocaine and red bull. I doubt he can hear anything. Just a constant ringing.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Team passing - 82
Team rushing - 27
Total offense - 42
Scoring - 22

My thoughts: happy with the improvement on all fronts (especially scoring). It was fun watching us being offensively competent the vast majority of the time.

Even that 82nd passing ranking is improvement. Is it possible for Franks to get us into the 50s? That’s the million dollar question.

Name and town if you wish to opine.
Well, I didn't think it was possible for Franks to improve to his now level. Maybe he can make a bigger leap this year, beat everybody out again and turn all those tears of relief into greatness.

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
not much of a thread cause the numbers and improvement and positive direction of the program cannot be disputed. Go Gators!! :pumper:
What? I don't get it. Oh, now I get it. You are saying that since everybody could see by watching the games we didn't need the thread, right? Actually, I need all the positive reinforcement I can get.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator