ESPN Bowl Mania - My Revenge is Forthcoming!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I flipped on TAM with all the turmoil!!!

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I was numero uno after that Duke win, but flailed on the Neb/UCLA debacle, but I enjoyed my brief stay on top.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man, I'm kickin diddy and phans ass.
:lol:
But notice that all three of us have a higher ceiling of possible points than the leaders. We left our highest confidence point games for the end of the bowl season.

The leader, Sas, has won 12 games. I've won 11. The difference the weight of the picks. We have much more on the line in later games.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
:lol:
But notice that all three of us have a higher ceiling of possible points than the leaders. We left our highest confidence point games for the end of the bowl season.

The leader, Sas, has won 12 games. I've won 11. The difference the weight of the picks. We have much more on the line in later games.
While the lazy strategy of not rearranging your confidence picks can pay dividends if you hit a lot of games late in bowl season, I've found that putting the obvious choices at the top and iffy choices at the bottom is still the way to go.

I've managed to sidestep most of the landmines this year, save for Utah St. choking against Akron and UCLA doing the same against Nebraska. 5 of my missed games were single digit points.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While the lazy strategy of not rearranging your confidence picks can pay dividends if you hit a lot of games late in bowl season, I've found that putting the obvious choices at the top and iffy choices at the bottom is still the way to go.

I've managed to sidestep most of the landmines this year, save for Utah St. choking against Akron and UCLA doing the same against Nebraska. 5 of my missed games were single digit points.
I never said I didn't rearrange my picks. I didn't feel like that any of the early games warranted a high confidence factor. Generally I find the early games the hardest to predict. There were several later games that I dropped down quite bit. All in all, this strategy keeps me in it longer with heavily weighted games at the end. The big games are even more fun to watch with more on the line.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I'm holding my nose among other things, because of this bowl mania challenge, while watching the semenoles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone pick Houston?

I checked. Nearly everyone has FSU for big points. So it doesn't matter if they wine. Go Houston!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator