ESPN suspends reporter Britt McHenry for one week after ugly parking-lot rant

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
She sure didn't do herself any favors. Not only that, but the woman behind the counter warned her she was going to release the video if she didn't shut up. Didn't stop Miss B!tchy Pants.

That said, I admit I've had a run in or two with tow truck pirates that towed me from unmarked areas for no reason other than they knew they could get away with it.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n210368 said:
That mouth will also be able to land her hundreds of other jobs.....:lol:

I'll take Bonnie Rotten's filthy mouth over hers any day.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
She knew, "they" always know when the camera is on. She was auditioning for her own reality show...
....maybe one entitled "Women Nobody Should Marry".

ESPN should pay to have the targeted woman's teeth beautified.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n210430 said:
She sure didn't do herself any favors. Not only that, but the woman behind the counter warned her she was going to release the video if she didn't shut up. Didn't stop Miss B!tchy Pants.

That said, I admit I've had a run in or two with tow truck pirates that towed me from unmarked areas for no reason other than they knew they could get away with it.

The thing is though, the woman behind the counter probably isn't the one who towed her car, she's just there to do her job. It's like bitching at an airline worker behind the counter when weather or some other mechanical issue causes a flight delay. It's not their fault and yelling at them and acting like a horse's ass really isn't going to help the situation one iota. I just don't get talking down to people. It's been bothering me a lot with my boss lately, even before I saw this story. It's just freaking rude and ugly.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
This person is a graduate of Stetson and Northwestern. These universities feed their students mission statements about diversity, being a global citizen, be all you can be, a mind is a terrible thing to waste, inclusive language etc, etc. Just a lot of platitudes. But if you get a diploma and then go out and talk to another person like this ESPN woman did then what good is a college degree? It's just a piece of paper. Stetson and Northwestern ought to give her a refund because she sure didn't learn anything worth a damn.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sad as it is to say, this little meltdown will probably help propel her career. Bad behavior sells. I'd never even heard of the woman prior to this.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I kinda like Rog's idea of ESPN paying for her dental work. It would be a nice gesture.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n210759]Sad as it is to say, this little meltdown will probably help propel her career. Bad behavior sells. I'd never even heard of the woman prior to this. [/QUOTE]

Exactly 78. I'm surprised she apologized today. I guarantee you if she had got fired she would be making a hell of a lot more money than what she is getting paid now.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n210701 said:
Who is Bonnie Rotten?

Google it, better yet, Google it from work

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah she knew what she was doing. Its a wonder that employee didn't come out from behind the counter. She needed to be bytch slapped right on the spot.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
No way the carpet matches the drapes.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n210723 said:
The thing is though, the woman behind the counter probably isn't the one who towed her car, she's just there to do her job. It's like bitching at an airline worker behind the counter when weather or some other mechanical issue causes a flight delay. It's not their fault and yelling at them and acting like a horse's ass really isn't going to help the situation one iota. I just don't get talking down to people. It's been bothering me a lot with my boss lately, even before I saw this story. It's just freaking rude and ugly.

In a supervisory role of any sort, you get better results from your people when you treat them like human beings and not a number or cog in a machine.

That being said, I don't think we'll see Britney doing many live shots near crowds now, in fact, the only live shots she may be doing might involve a paycheck from Larry Flynt.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n210993 said:
That's the scale I was using. She's way high on the crazy side, and not nearly high enough on the hot side.
Gotcha, the danger zone, and on the high side of it :lol:

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
What a beautiful girl. Britt makes EA look average. ;) But maybe this is the reality check she needs in life. I hope it is. For her to know she's on camera and still go on to degrade the woman like she did was odd even though she did it in a calm tone she wasn't loud. But her words were stinging. The woman she was nasty to kept calm and credit to her for that. Britt's baby girl comment at the end sounded so phony. ESPN did right by suspending her. And the public humiliation will hurt her for years. But she should not be fired. Otherwise you would have to fire a lot of people there for their on air stupidity and sometimes hate.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well if her contract allows it I would fire her or at least demote her to not on air duties. Surely she knew that the camera was there and that the clerk had nothing to do with her car getting towed. That would be her fault but some just have to take things out on others in overly emotional rants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator