ESPN's "Post-signing day SEC position ranks

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So you are using another team and RB to justify our guy getting shut down?

Bottom line is...we need him to play better in big games. Not excuses.

He also didn't average much more than 5 yards a carry against the lowly teams we played early in the season. Scarlett is elite at breaking tackles but must improve the rest of his game to be an elite RB. His blocking is horrible and hopefully someone teaches him how to pick up defenders this offseason.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
QB 14 out of 14 is all you need to know. So glad we hired someone specifically to fix the offense that specializes in coaching the QBs. The improvement in QB play from years past has been off the charts.

The Grier disaster set us back. It's not accurate to ignore that. For 6 games it looked promising.

Everything depends on whether or not Franks develops into a good QB. Going to Del Río & Applebees (where you can get an entree & 3 turnovers for $10) reminds me of Zooker snagging JuCo OL and DL as patches. Would UF have had the patience to let a young QB develop, and was the OL capable of giving him a chance? Doubtful on both counts.

This year - If Franks shows promise I think we will be fine offensively. If he doesn't...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Grier disaster set us back. It's not accurate to ignore that. For 6 games it looked promising.

Everything depends on whether or not Franks develops into a good QB. Going to Del Río & Applebees (where you can get an entree & 3 turnovers for $10) reminds me of Zooker snagging JuCo OL and DL as patches. Would UF have had the patience to let a young QB develop, and was the OL capable of giving him a chance? Doubtful on both counts.

This year - If Franks shows promise I think we will be fine offensively. If he doesn't...

If he doesn't... then Trask will lead us to the promised land. :D

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

All I know is, the guy assured us he could win with anyone at QB...including his dog.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, he didnt say he was going to win championships or win vs ranked teams did he?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You must have hopped on the Vols bandwagon last year too didn't you? Don't lie! :lmao2:

I know, I know....all these lists are biased and everyone hates the Gators. You're like Franz Beard, if you throw enough bullsh*t at the wall some of it will stick. I hope you're right!

"One of the best in the country..." yet can't crack a single top 10 SEC list!

:bwahaha:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I know, I know....all these lists are biased and everyone hates the Gators. You're like Franz Beard, if you throw enough bullsh*t at the wall some of it will stick. I hope you're right!

"One of the best in the country..." yet can't crack a single top 10 SEC list!

:bwahaha:

:lol: wouldn't say biased, moreso clueless. I'll make a bet right now that he is top 10 in rushing yards next year. Deal?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'm glad LF7 went pro, as I thought he was a beast when he entered the league. But I'll take that opinion down a few notches given Guice was the better back this year.

Scarboro will be a beast this year, given whatever magic juice they feed him and the OL he has blocking (and the running QB that can also take attention off him).

For UF, I like Scarlett and Perine, but not elite. Not even great. Just good. I love them for what they did in our offensive scheme (Nuss/OL), and give credit where it was earned. But even if our OL does better this year, at best I expect enough good runs to open up the passing game and create a balanced offense. Overall that would improve the numbers for the RBs and the QB/WRs, but even with improved numbers I'm not seeing a great back.

Webb....that one burns a bit. I get that he wasn't a great back, so we passed on him. But to have a guy so close to home turn around and run over us each year. Bah...if the D can figure out how to contain him for the whole game, Vandy has no offense and Webb is another Vandy footnote. But we gotta shut him down - he's not elite, or great. I'd put him around good-to-serviceable. We just make him look better.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with Scarlett is he is a 10 at breaking tackles but maybe a 2 at seeing those quick holes that only open for a split second. Maybe he needs his side vision checked out. That might explain him standing there like he is lost with a blitzer heading straight for the QB. He probably wouldn't be sharing the ball so much if he could learn to pass block.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Scarlett blocks like Helen Keller....if a defensive player runs into him, maybe he will grope at him for a moment before losing him, at best.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He probably wouldn't be sharing the ball so much if he could learn to pass block.

I'm also certain having to bring him out for passing plays, tips off the defense to what's coming. If he can learn to pass block, it could have multiple positive effects on our Offense.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with Scarlett is he is a 10 at breaking tackles but maybe a 2 at seeing those quick holes that only open for a split second. Maybe he needs his side vision checked out. That might explain him standing there like he is lost with a blitzer heading straight for the QB. He probably wouldn't be sharing the ball so much if he could learn to pass block.

How do you see holes when the OL doesn't create holes :scratchhead:

I guess I just have more appreciation for the year he had behind a subpar OL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.