ESPN's Stuart Scott dies from cancer

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Oh wow. He was imo the best, most unbiased, professional anchor on ESPN. One of the few anchors I truly liked

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Death, the great equalizer. RIP to a good one.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We knew this was coming and it is still so sad. My respect for him grew tremendously in watching him fight.

But the true tragedy in all of this is that there are cures for all kinds of cancers that the drug companies and the FDA will not let us have...simply because they can't make money off of them. I lost my Mom and sister to cancer and I will never believe that all of the money raised for breast cancer research has never resulted in a cure. It is quite an operation, this cancer fundraising business...because if they cure it, they all go away (or are significantly diminished). Chemo kills and radiation therapy has a place, but I advise all of you to look into homeopathic preventions and treatments if you care at all about the quality of life while fighting this disease.

CharlieG

Oct 5, 2014
Damn. Cancer always seems to take the good people. RIP Stu and God bless your loved ones.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;144236 said:
[video=youtube;349t4-Oo-qw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=349t4-Oo-qw[/video]

Rich Eisen's tribute is heartbreaking.

One of the most heartbreaking news breaks that I've ever seen. Amazing.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Heartbroken...just heartbroken. Can't believe I won't see him or hear his voice again on SportsCenter. He was just one of those voices that was synonymous with sports. God bless and RIP, Stuart.

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
"When you die, that does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and the manner in which you live. So live. Live. Fight like hell." - Stuart Scott.

He fought until the end. Rest in Peace, Stuart Scott. You will be missed.

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
I will never, ever forget his speech last year as he accepted the Jimmy V Perserverance Award. It is so worth another look on ths day. Gone much too soon. Go with God Stuart Scott.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He started out doing sports for WESH in Orlando before moving on to ESPN. He was there for a couple years but you knew he was too good to be around Orlando for too long.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I remember how shocked I was back in 1996 when the late ESPN Sports Center broadcaster Tom Mees died tragically in a neighbors pool. You see them so much on a regular basis its hard to imagine them not being there any more. The same with Stewart Scott. I knew he was fighting cancer but I did not know how serious it was because I wasn't really following it. He looked pretty good the last time I saw him a couple of months ago on some post game panel. He'll be missed that's for sure.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I saw him get off a plane in Tampa maybe three or four years ago and it struck me how in shape he was...looked like a DB. His daughters and family have to be devastated today...so sad to lose someone this way.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
PaulDrake;n144663 said:
I remember how shocked I was back in 1996 when the late ESPN Sports Center broadcaster Tom Mees died tragically in a neighbors pool. You see them so much on a regular basis its hard to imagine them not being there any more. The same with Stewart Scott. I knew he was fighting cancer but I did not know how serious it was because I wasn't really following it. He looked pretty good the last time I saw him a couple of months ago on some post game panel. He'll be missed that's for sure.
Tom Mees was superb. It's hard to believe his tragic passing is over 18 years ago. Mees was a straight shooter with no schtick which is what I generally prefer from sportscasters. Although I like Chris Berman I never really took to his schtick as I find it annoying most of the time. But with Stuart Scott it was different. His schtick was natural and he made it work even for me. Scott will be missed. He had a massive battle with cancer and I am sad he is gone. RIP Stuart Scott. Thoughts and prayers to his family. Some of the comments from his current and former colleagues were heart warming and touching. No doubt about it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Late night Sportscenter tribute has been heartbreaking, but I'm glad I stayed up for it. It's very obvious how much his colleagues loved him, and that speaks volumes about the man. Not only that, everyone speaks so highly of what type of father he was to his daughters, which makes this even tougher to swallow.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sad, sad day. It took me all day to come around to posting in this thread. My heart goes out to his family, his daughters and the close ones he had around him. Far too young to go. I feel like I've lost a small part of me. He certainly was a game changer to the world we all enjoy.

It's also sad how hard my wife is taking this. For those out there who's wives hate how much we spend enveloped in sports, I guarantee you they know who Stuart Scott is/was.

RIP Stuart. You are deeply missed.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Godspeed Stuart Scott. You are a shining example of what's good in this world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator