First order of business for the new coach

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC;n85725 said:
Yes, I realize it hasn't happened yet, but it will. First priorities of the new coach:

1) Stemming the flow of transfers and keeping/adding recruits. I'm sure we'll see some much needed transfers from unproductive players, maybe even Driskel, but there will be some solid players who are contemplating transfers who we do NOT want to leave. And believe it or not, we have some super recruits who have stuck with us and have us as heavy favorites through this absolute mess; Jeff Holland, Byron Cowart and Cece Jefferson to name a few.
2) Retaining any coaches from the current staff? Maybe retain DJ Durkin but put him back in as Special Teams coach? Maybe T Robinson for continuity in recruiting? Maybe keep Brian White and actually give him someone with a grain of talent at TE to develop? I think it will be important to keep one or two coaches for recruiting and knowledge of players.

DC, White is the RB coach. The TE coach, Lewis, needs to return whatever salary he has earned here or be brought up on charges of impersonating a football coach. Leak I'm not to sure on. The WR's seem to be getting worse instead of better. Lawing, Summers and Robinson are the only ones I'd keep.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n86067 said:
Ideal scenario. If he'd stand on the sideline for free, I'd still feel better and we'd save some money.

This. The WR's have been dropping a lot of passes and their route running has been lazy.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would keep TRob for his recruiting (although I can go either way with him), Summers because it would be nice to have one coach for the OL for multiple seasons. Maybe Lawing stays, too. Everyone else can go as far as I'm concerned. Lewis and White have been massive disappointments and we have almost no production from the TE position since Reed left. Leak needs to go coach a position at a smaller school and come back to UF when he has some experience. It's been said before, but UF shouldn't be the place where you break in coaches on any level (head, coordinator, position).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n86316 said:
Leak is the only one I would retain. I would light the rest of them on fire.

:) We missed you while you were gone, KC.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess it will all depend on who is hired. We have several coaches who have been around a while, so chemistry may already be there. IMO you have to keep Summers and Lawing. Those are the only real respectable squads on the team, along with CB's (minus Poole at CB). For those who don't like are OLine play, keep in mind that it's hard to create holes when the LB's don't respect your passing game. With Driskel it was a failed bomb, a bubble screen or a run. LB's just crowded the LOS.

Robinson and White are the two best recruiters. Robinson is a gem for SFL and White is a great National recruiter. I believe White was here in 2009 until now. White probably isn't worth keeping, but Robinson is. He has two Freshman CB's playing well and Jackson was having a good camp.

Leak has not earned top level coaching opportunities, maybe he could stay as a grad asst.

Durkin is not worth keeping. Bring in your own DC.

Roper will depend on who the HC is. I'm sure he's got a decent buyout and doubt he's been given much of a chance this year. Although, he may want to leave.

Hutzler can go. Special Teams are short bus special.

Lewis is garbage. I think he was only retained so we'd have another black coach to help recruiting.

Can't forget Dillman.....bye.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Two great offensive up and comers going at it tonight on ESPN 2.

I would not mind Hudspeth at all.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
New Broom sweeps!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
One thing for sure Durkin has no business being retained in his current status. It seems to me he fits the total Muschamp persona. Thank you sir but move along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator