Florida checks in on point guard target (Michael Okauru)

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Those europeans are soft. I'm not fan of players from over seas.
Yves is one of the most physical guards I have seen in a recruit. Might be more athletic than anyone on our roster now. 2 hand slams from almost the FT line in games and on alleyoops. Would absolutely love to get him if we have room.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Those europeans are soft. I'm not fan of players from over seas.

Noah is from France. This guy looks very athletic too me. I would be happy to have him, though I would worry about his skill level and how fast he would develop.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Here is a YouTube clip of Yves Pons at FIBA U17

He also shut down USA'S best scorer in the FIBA U17. He is suppose to be one of the best defenders coming into college and might be the most athletic (high flier)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Noah is from France. This guy looks very athletic too me. I would be happy to have him, though I would worry about his skill level and how fast he would develop.
Noah was about as European as Lee Humphries was African.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

He also shut down USA'S best scorer in the FIBA U17. He is suppose to be one of the best defenders coming into college and might be the most athletic (high flier)

Dude, he's black. Not European.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Man, Pons could totally fill the small forward/swing role, a smaller Devon Robinson, if you will - he's a human pogo stick. I'm happy with the class now that MO has signed, but IF we can land this kid, I'd be elated.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd take that kid in a heartbeat...maybe we can force Chiozza to leave?
The only way we would have seen less of Chorizo next year was if we had landed Alexander. He's gonna be our PG next season, so we're just gonna have to deal with it, and hope for the best, and embrace the little guy. Hester/Allen will spell him at PG, and Okauru is gonna need to be worked in slowly, IMO. But I'm wrong.................a lot. ;)

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The only way we would have seen less of Chorizo next year was if we had landed Alexander. He's gonna be our PG next season, so we're just gonna have to deal with it, and hope for the best, and embrace the little guy. Hester/Allen will spell him at PG, and Okauru is gonna need to be worked in slowly, IMO. But I'm wrong.................a lot. ;)

I liked it for the last sentence :lol:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Welcome to Gator Notion Okauru. We need you. Now we need to get that Pons guy. Looks like he'd fit in with coach White's style of play

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator