Florida falls 1 spot to 7 in playoff spot; lock for NY6 Bowl

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This...And I might like a UM Game or TAMU Rematch but not if means Grantham staying.
I hadn't thought of a TAMU rematch. Not sure if there's any path for that but I agree, that is about the only other matchup I would be somewhat excited about other than scUM.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I hadn't thought of a TAMU rematch. Not sure if there's any path for that but I agree, that is about the only other matchup I would be somewhat excited about other than scUM.

I'd like to see Cincy in the Playoffs over ND or OSU. OSU played a handful of games and they could in in?

What I'd like going forward is 8 SEC games, 2 non-conference games (Div 1) and an 8 Team Playoff.

What I did like about this year is every game meant something...No Southeastern Road Island State or St. Mary's School for the Underprivileged,

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I'd like to see Cincy in the Playoffs over ND or OSU. OSU played a handful of games and they could in in?

What I'd like going forward is 8 SEC games, 2 non-conference games (Div 1) and an 8 Team Playoff.

What I did like about this year is every game meant something...No Southeastern Road Island State or St. Mary's School for the Underprivileged,
Agree, I'd actually prefer 9 conference games rotating everyone equally rather than having the cross-divisional foe. If it's a real rivalry the games would be even more intense playing them only every other year on average. The way it is now it's ridiculous to even consider ourselves in the same Conference as some of these teams we play once every 5-6 years. We actually play some Big 10 teams more often than some of our so-called conference opponents.

And it's not popular here with the :pe:crowd, but I would love an 8 team playoff. 5 conference champs, 3 at large bids with 1 promised to the group of 5 as long as they have a team finish in the top 10 final rankings. That would take 90% of the bullsht debating out of it since 5 or 6 of the spots would be tie-ins only leaving 2 at large bids most years and it would be easy to see who should get those most years.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Agree, I'd actually prefer 9 conference games rotating everyone equally rather than having the cross-divisional foe. If it's a real rivalry the games would be even more intense playing them only every other year on average. The way it is now it's ridiculous to even consider ourselves in the same Conference as some of these teams we play once every 5-6 years. We actually play some Big 10 teams more often than some of our so-called conference opponents.

And it's not popular here with the :pe:crowd, but I would love an 8 team playoff. 5 conference champs, 3 at large bids with 1 promised to the group of 5 as long as they have a team finish in the top 10 final rankings. That would take 90% of the bullsht debating out of it since 5 or 6 of the spots would be tie-ins only leaving 2 at large bids most years and it would be easy to see who should get those most years.

Well when ever I want the Stoned and Drunk tags I suggest:

8 game playoff
6 power conferences
2 at large or 4 with a wild card play off
10 games with 8 conference games (rotating every year)

6 power conferences (6 - 14 or 16 team conferences) that's 90 to 96 teams

To make it more interesting if you could not compete you would fall out of power 6 and the and the Champions of the FCS would be invited up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
please do not act like NY6 means ANYTHING.

back a few years ago it was it meant you were the best team in the conference or the second best.

in the SEC those teams go to the playoffs.

now a NY6 bowl is the equivalent of an outback bowl to the number three or number four team in the conference.

This is Zook Ball.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Have to agree. When the orange, rose, fiesta and sugar were a rotating collection for the title and then the next 6 (usually) best teams, those bowls meant a decent bit.

Now they don't mean squat. You've got 4 teams in a playoff, and then a bunch of bowls for the next dozen or so teams. I mean heck, we played virginia last year in the orange. one of the ACC consolation prize winners against us, another consolation prize winner behind lsu and dwags.

Acc 2 against sec 3 is what the outback or chick fila bowl was made for until this NY6 thing started. What was vaginas ranking going in that game? 24 with a record of 9-5? Embarrassing.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
55446692.jpg

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
please do not act like NY6 means ANYTHING.

back a few years ago it was it meant you were the best team in the conference or the second best.

in the SEC those teams go to the playoffs.

now a NY6 bowl is the equivalent of an outback bowl to the number three or number four team in the conference.

This is Zook Ball.

All a Bowl does is give you 10 more practices and it's nice for players...But this is COVID...Why bother? But we DARN sure need the PRCTICE.

As I said before...I would not mind playing the "U" or TAMU

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Fact of the matter is we're not getting to the playoffs anytime soon so ill take a Cotton vs OU/Iowa St or an Orange appearance over an Outback or Citrus appearance. Sure, as Donkey said, these bowls dont mean as much anymore but then that means the Outback and Citrus mean even less so give me a NY6 any day

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Fact of the matter is we're not getting to the playoffs anytime soon so ill take a Cotton vs OU/Iowa St or an Orange appearance over an Outback or Citrus appearance. Sure, as Donkey said, these bowls dont mean as much anymore but then that means the Outback and Citrus mean even less so give me a NY6 any day

Bowls don't mean much anymore. But they've really never meant anything if we're honest. It just feels that way when you're not a program with legitimate hopes of something greater. I was at the Sugar in both '93 and '94, and it was a thrill to have made the that bowl because of the prestige that had always been associated with it. But once we won it all in '96, I never really have any more consideration to what bowl we earn. It's actually about what you did to earn it, which in both those cases above was winning the conference. That's the accomplishment. The game is just a reward. No one really cared that we played in the Orange a few times in Spurrier's late years because it wasn't playing for it all.

It does help perception, whether we agree or not. The whole NY6 thing is suddenly so huge even though several of them are played days before new year's day, which also used to be the rule with we judged things. If your bowl was on the 29th, guess what, you suck. It was January or nothing. Now even that feather is yanked from the cap. But again, if it's somehow a selling point that we can use to recruit or help perception, I'm fine with it. And I do like the idea of the Orange over the Outback or Citrus, but that's just because of my age. If we somehow win the SEC Saturday, that's the important part.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
All a Bowl does is give you 10 more practices and it's nice for players...But this is COVID...Why bother? But we DARN sure need the PRCTICE.

As I said before...I would not mind playing the "U" or TAMU
That would be the nice thing about shtcanning Toad after the Bama beatdown. We would have some practices to start to implement the new defense. That would be one helluva Christmas present but I doubt Mullen has the guts.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
That would be the nice thing about shtcanning Toad after the Bama beatdown. We would have some practices to start to implement the new defense. That would be one helluva Christmas present but I doubt Mullen has the guts.

We could also start to transition to 2021 Offense but Mullen is all about the now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.