Votes: 54 42.2%
  • Hiring Jim McElwain

Votes: 74 57.8%

• Total voters

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Big Impact? Conditioning, Cardio Will Determine Stokes' Contribution - Florida Gators

Isaiah may be the most talented player on our team and league (coaches words not mine), he just needs to get in shape more and get his conditioning hitting like the rest. Could be a star by seasons end if he keeps up the work to lose weight, gain endurance, etc. May play 10-20 min and in short spurts to start the year. Just started full conditioning a couple months ago

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Stokes is such an interesting prospect. His older brother was a nightmare against us. He used to beat us up in the middle every time we played Tennessee. And we lost so many of those contests.

Super stoked about Stokes, the new recruits, the directions of Mike White’s program.
Super stoked.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I have not seen this comparison, but is Stokes a Glenn Davis type with more of a range? Davis weighed around 280, but had some of the most nimble feet for a guy that size.

I hope Stokes is everything they say he is because we need the inside scoring presence.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I have not seen this comparison, but is Stokes a Glenn Davis type with more of a range? Davis weighed around 280, but had some of the most nimble feet for a guy that size.

I hope Stokes is everything they say he is because we need the inside scoring presence.
Basically yes. I think a combination of David and Sullinger.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Big baby Davis is the best comparison I can come up with after seeing him play. He'll be a good pick and pop guy and he's a good passer. He's probably gonna have the best court vision on the team outside of nembhard. The biggest battle with him will be his weight, conditioning and his motor.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Big baby Davis is the best comparison I can come up with after seeing him play. He'll be a good pick and pop guy and he's a good passer. He's probably gonna have the best court vision on the team outside of nembhard. The biggest battle with him will be his weight, conditioning and his motor.

Slowly changing your tune about him I see.....smart move.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Slowly changing your tune about him I see.....smart move.
Slowly changing my tune about myself. Trying not to talk so poorly about a kid. I still have my doubts but I shouldn't be such a jerk lol

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Big Impact? Conditioning, Cardio Will Determine Stokes' Contribution - Florida Gators

Isaiah may be the most talented player on our team and league (coaches words not mine), he just needs to get in shape more and get his conditioning hitting like the rest. Could be a star by seasons end if he keeps up the work to lose weight, gain endurance, etc. May play 10-20 min and in short spurts to start the year. Just started full conditioning a couple months ago

I wonder how he or his family allowed him to gain so much weight. I know there are ways to exercise without your legs being involved, and some diet advice would have been a great idea. With a brother already playing surely he understood the importance of diet. Hopefully he has learned and now with good support will meet his potential. I also hope his time off allowed him to get a good start on his education, he will need it.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I wonder how he or his family allowed him to gain so much weight. I know there are ways to exercise without your legs being involved, and some diet advice would have been a great idea. With a brother already playing surely he understood the importance of diet. Hopefully he has learned and now with good support will meet his potential. I also hope his time off allowed him to get a good start on his education, he will need it.
He was a star lineman for his highschool. I think was a top 100 prospect or would have been if he didn't make it known he wasn't playing anymore (College) due to CTE concerns. Was losing the weight when he tore his ACL senior year (basketball) in high school. Wasn't allowed to condition fully until 2 months ago. A year and a half later

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
He was a star lineman for his highschool. I think was a top 100 prospect or would have been if he didn't make it known he wasn't playing anymore (College) due to CTE concerns. Was losing the weight when he tore his ACL senior year (basketball) in high school. Wasn't allowed to condition fully until 2 months ago. A year and a half later

That explains it well. Thanks. Hopefully at UF he will get the assistance he needs.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Slowly changing my tune about myself. Trying not to talk so poorly about a kid. I still have my doubts but I shouldn't be such a jerk lol

Lol you’re good. Never thought you were being a jerk.

Let’s hope he’s a key cog in the middle for us for the next 3-4 years :)

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015

Good article. That picture of him playing football in middle school is crazy! At first I was like, is that photo-shopped? Surprised they let him play. Poor kids.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

His family should have daily made him hang out in Health Supplement Stores; nobody gains weight in those asylums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.