Florida @ Kansas

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Gator nation racking up Ls lately. Man when will the bleeding stop?

Made some strides but still a ways to go. When does murphy get to come back?

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator said:
Wow, this team is literally unwatchable right now. No heart, they fold at any adversity in the second half , Frazier a total non-factor, Hill no ability to lead by settling them down and making some passes for easy baskets. What's so sad is the first half showed you all the talent and what they could be, but there is no leadership at all to hold them together when things stop going their way. Unless they make a complete 180 I don't think they make the NCAA tourney.
No heart is a little strong dont you think. There is a difference between no heart and young and dumb. This squad with some experience under their belt is gonna be a fun team to watch.

BearCatGator

Aug 26, 2014
Thought we played great the first half. Second half we went stone cold. With a young team like we have we are going to have a lot of nights like this. These tough games are going to help us later in the season. Nothing to hang our heads on tonight.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we're going to be very good down the stretch if we can get Carter healthy and Murphy eligible. I think we're going to be a bubble team. I wouldn't say we're an nit lock just yet. I think you can count 2 Kentucky losses , that would put us at 6. But if we can beat uconn,fsu, wake forest and have a strong conference showing we'll be fine. We've played a tough schedule and we'd get rewarded for it by the committee.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
First time in 17 seasons, a span of 567 games, that we've had a losing record in basketball. Crazy.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
GatorJ;n126221 said:
I think only having 7 scholarship players has more to do with that.
You think they were tired? They haven't played in what a week and it's not like they were running into the ground. No one fouled out. It had nothing to do with not having enough players IMO. They don't have anyone who can pull them together when things get tough. 3-4 and just missed their best chance for a signature OOC win. Seriously, this is the most under-performing team in a long long time when you look at talent, size, ballhandling, etc.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
8802Gator;n126223 said:
No heart is a little strong dont you think. There is a difference between no heart and young and dumb. This squad with some experience under their belt is gonna be a fun team to watch.
Did you see the look on Hill's face when things went south in the second? Right now I think no heart is accurate. Still time to turn it around but so far no sign that they will. I have to admit that the first half showed you what they could be, but right now they have shown no toughness or ability to perform in second halves when the opponent gets hot shooting.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our guys played tough but we just couldn't pull it out. I listened to Billy D on the post game show and he said, "We just don't know how to finish games out, we don't know how to win games right now, and we are just an average team right now." We need to win some of these good OOC games or else our RPI is going to keep going up. Our RPI was 108 going into this game but we lost so obviously that doesn't help. The SEC is weak so even if we go 14-4 in conference play, we are going to be a bubble team unless we can beat UK which is unlikely as they look like they might very well run the table the rest of the year. Thankfully we were the first team to ever go 18-0 in the SEC last year cause UK might match that this year as they look unbeatable so far. Hopefully our guys can get back on track and get healthy and make a run but as of right now we are an NIT team so we will see. Go Gators!!

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Born2beagator;n126164 said:
They QUIT once they realized Kansas wasn't going to go away. That's why I'm so ticked off. up 16, and we are going lose by double digits. There was ZERO fight in this team tonight.

Born2beagator;n126164 said:
I shudder to think what Kentucky is going to do to these chumps.

I'm feeling a bit nauseous myself. Something scratchy like nails on a chalkboard is drilling into my brain.

Does this forum software have the ability to ignore certain posters ???

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
On a positive note, after this football season we should be prepared for a BBall year like this, sorry.
Bayergator

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Going to be a tough year. This is what happens when you lose so much from last year. It may take them all year to gel. We've been spoiled for a long time. It was bound to happen. It will be alright.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Rebuilding year. We had high hopes, but it looks like it will be midseason or later if this team is going to realize it's potential.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n126332 said:
Rebuilding year. We had high hopes, but it looks like it will be midseason or later if this team is going to realize it's potential.

I agree. We're going to be insanely good next year though.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kids gonna take their lumps this year it looks like. But it should be a great learning experience for them and Billy to build on for next year. They could still manage to eek out a spot in the dance maybe. They'll just have to keep working on getting used to each other's strengths and weaknesses and how to use them to their advantage down the stretch. We saw this after the back to back NCs. You don't lose all that experience and not suffer some rebuilding unless you're UK and get two full teams of McDonalds all Americans.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
We miss Scottie W. at point badly, he was our closer. No one on the floor last night is a go to player when we need a bucket late in a game. I hope Carter can come back and be that player for us later on in the season.

I heard them say C Walker will be a top 10 draft pick next year, sorry but he is no where close to being ready for that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Chris walker will be back next year. He's not gonna get drafted. Atleast at this point he's a long way from it

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We still don't have Murphy. I think he'll be able to stretch the floor and hopefully average 10 points a game. Then with Carter I imagine he would be good for 10+.

FYI Uconn lost at home to Yale on a last second 3.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tough lesson for the boys last night and a tough second half for us fans (I unfortunately missed the first half). KU shot 22 more free throws than us and we only lost by 6. We out shot them percentage-wise in all categories and doubled their assist total. The only areas they beat us was rebounding (we need Murph2), fouls (home cookin?),and of course, the final score. We played tough against a top tier team at their place, where they've only lost 9 times in like 10 years. I think our guys can get it going once everybody gets healthy (need Eli), get Murph2, and get a little more chemistry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator