Florida Missouri game thread

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n182610 said:
Wow...Mick said they will probably be 5 new starters next year....ouch.

My guess for next year is Egbunu-DFS-Robinson-Frazier-Hill

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n182616 said:
DFS can shoot, Frazier can shoot, Robinson was a 5 star that was supposed to be (and willl be before he leaves) a sharp shooter, and Francis supposedly can shoot it as well.

Also I think we expected a little more out of Carter...only so much BD can do

Next year won't be this bad but I'm not as optimistic as i was earlier in the season
You usually don't go from a losing season to dangerous tourney team. It's going to be a couple years for us to find and develop a some players who will compete. These guys aren't winners.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n182624 said:
You usually don't go from a losing season to dangerous tourney team. It's going to be a couple years for us to find and develop a some players who will compete. These guys aren't winners.

I hear ya but if you think about it we are a shot here and a shot there from having a MUCH different season.

They need to grow up fast and add some muscle down low but with BD at the helm its not impossible (tho i don't expect it)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We have a top 10 recruiting class but there's no game changers in it. But I farther take our lump with some freshmen who will buy in rather than these guys who don't wanna compete every possession.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n182626 said:
We have a top 10 recruiting class but there's no game changers in it. But I farther take our lump with some freshmen who will buy in rather than these guys who don't wanna compete every possession.

One thing we should know by now is recruiting rankings don't matter lol (Walker, Hill)

Plus Egbunu and Francis, heck even Schuyler may be huge additions as well...or at least i hope

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
GatorJay26;n182616 said:
DFS can shoot, Frazier can shoot, Robinson was a 5 star that was supposed to be (and willl be before he leaves) a sharp shooter, and Francis supposedly can shoot it as well.

Also I think we expected a little more out of Carter...only so much BD can do

Next year won't be this bad but I'm not as optimistic as i was earlier in the season
2 were transfers...2 you named are PFs and 1 was ineligible for a year...nnot good recruiting SGs there.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n182619 said:
Tells you why we are where we are. If you look at the complete season he has been our 3rd best guy. Over the past couple of weeks you might be able to start making an argument for Robinson, but I really don't know who else you could point to. Kurtz?
If you believe in metrics like player efficiency rating, he's the 9th best player on the team with 10.9. Jon Horford is third with 17.7. Not saying those things are the be all and end all, but it's interesting none the less:

Attachments

• conv_2516.png
    conv_2516.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 31

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n182627 said:
One thing we should know by now is recruiting rankings don't matter lol (Walker, Hill)

Plus Egbunu and Francis, heck even Schuyler may be huge additions as well...or at least i hope
Billy said Francis was a long ways away and rimmer couldn't get on the floor at Stanford( they're not exactly a powerhouse) egbunu should help defensively but he isn't real polished offensively. We need to push someone out and go hard after a game changer that scares the other team offensively. That's the only way I see us being atleast a tournament team

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n182629 said:
Billy is pretty scathing in his post game assessment

Clff notes? Not able to watch

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
LeeForThree;n182628 said:
2 were transfers...2 you named are PFs and 1 was ineligible for a year...nnot good recruiting SGs there.

Didn't realize you were talking about just Shooting Guards, but don't know why that would matter.

He is recruiting shooters, but sometimes they don't pan out

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yea Bernie give us the skinny. I changed the channel after the game

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n182632 said:
Billy said Francis was a long ways away and rimmer couldn't get on the floor at Stanford( they're not exactly a powerhouse) egbunu should help defensively but he isn't real polished offensively. We need to push someone out and go hard after a game changer that scares the other team offensively. That's the only way I see us being atleast a tournament team

Im just happy they'll have some big bodies down low next year. And I've heard that Francis can shoot it so hopefully thats true too.

Come on man, just let me have some hope for next year lol

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n182636 said:
Im just happy they'll have some big bodies down low next year. And I've heard that Francis can shoot it so hopefully thats true too.

Come on man, just let me have some hope for next year lol
When you have a coach like Billy D, there's always hope. I still think he's the best in the business no matter how ugly the season is. I'll always be a Billy donnavan fan

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our biggest issue this year is at point guard. I've heard BD make some pretty damning comments about their play this year. At one point he said, "It would be nice if our point guards could learn our offense." I really hope Chiozza can step it up because Hill has become a huge disappointment.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n182630 said:
If you believe in metrics like player efficiency rating, he's the 9th best player on the team with 10.9. Jon Horford is third with 17.7. Not saying those things are the be all and end all, but it's interesting none the less:

I think metrics are important, but I wouldn't base an assessment completely off of PER. Seems like in the NBA they care a lot more about stats like win shares and adjusted plus minus.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n182635 said:
Yea Bernie give us the skinny. I changed the channel after the game

He basically said the team has no basketball IQ whatsoever.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n182653 said:
I think metrics are important, but I wouldn't base an assessment completely off of PER. Seems like in the NBA they care a lot more about stats like win shares and adjusted plus minus.
FWIW Hill is 11th on the team in win shares/40minutes and 10 in Box score Plus/Minus. Again, not the be all and end all, but interesting none the less.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This team has accepted their suckiness. That second half was atrocious. They have no fight left in them. Guys weren't fighting through screens or even covering the guy who was bombing in threes. Hopefully they can get back DFS and MF2 and win 2 of 3 to end the regular season, but winning any game seems like a stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator