Florida offers 3 star DE Wright

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe true, but he's Avery bit as good as Davis was as a true freshman.
Thats not saying much really. McMillian was gettig all the accolades in practice their first year.

Then Davis found the weightroom and McMilian found cheerleaders or whatever happened.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jarrad davis had a pretty good freshman year. That was the year everybody was injured. I don't remember McMillan seeing the field.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not sure why the coaches aren't seeing this.

Good post, sofla. As far as this comment, I think the coaches do see it....but they HAD to take those players because that was all they got. Either take the mid-range 3-star player or take nobody...and hope they develop. What we need is not coaches that see it...but coaches that can recruit better. Maybe some of these kids will fill out and contribute as Juniors & Seniors. Otherwise, they are wasted scholarships. I imagine we lose Rayshard and a few of the OL's (like A. Mike) who have done nothing...and likely never will. We lose depth, but we gain scholarships. Hopefully we get to the point, within a year or two, that we can start doing what Saban does and cutting loose some of the deadweight. Until then, I expect us to have several good 4-star players and a bunch of head-scratcher "why did we sign this kid" recruits. Honestly, I wish we had done that w/ a DT or two last year. I'd rather have a300lb Plan B DT on the roster than a 220lb Plan B DE.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Considering the highlight of LB Hines trip to Gville was seeing a live alligator for the first time its no surprise we're offering projects

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
We're not going to get any studs until the play on the field looks at least watchable and better than the pedestrian offense we've seen the last 6+ seasons.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Those arent plan B we are getting. More like plan G.

Yeah...but in the case of a Plan B DT...there wasn't one! I'd take a Plan Z at DT! Seriously, grab a kid committed to UCF or USF. If they're a Florida HS product, they'll likely develop and could be a contributor by their redshirt soph season. I'd take that any day vs no DT in a class.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I still go into seizures thinking that last year we went after one damn DT, a guy who everyone knew likely wouldnt qualify and was likely was all Nole if he did.... after landing zero DTs the year before also.

Its amazing that we pay these people millions of dollars to do this job and this is what we get.

Next we will have Pumpers telling next year's losing season is ok bc we lost so much on defense.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I still go into seizures thinking that last year we went after one damn DT, a guy who everyone knew likely wouldnt qualify and was like ly was all Nole if he did.... after landing zero DTs the ear before also.

Its amazing that we pay these fvkktards millions of dollars to do this job and this is what we get.

Next we will have Pumpers telling next year's losing season is ok bc we lost so much on defense.

Yep. There should be at least 2 true DT's in each class....and if you oversign DE's, one of those kids eventually grows into a DT sooner or later, adding more depth. There's no excuse for having 5 DT's on an SEC roster and no excuse for not signing a single DT. It's possible to have an off year...but 2 years in a row is detrimental to the program. JUCO's are unreliable and stop-gaps. Again, there should have been a Plan B (or two) in last year's group. No excuse w/ the IMG kid who flipped to FSU....and then didn't qualify. The news of him flipping is all the random HS kid and fan heard (few heard that he didn't qualify months later), so the perception was "FSU stole one from the Gators!".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator