Florida offers 3 star DE Wright

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know we are looking for some big dogs on the D-Line. I don't know much about this kid other than he has big offers but he may be a Plan B. Or maybe not? Neither Clayton or Zuniga weighed that much coming out of high school. Clayton shot up the rankings to a five star and Zuniga has been playing well this year.

What I would really like to see is some space eaters at DT and OL. And if we can't get some space eaters at DT, convert some of these fledgling OL. And recruit more OL.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of beef (ham), has anyone seen the honey baked ham billboard on 34th by Goodwill? I'd probably be booted for posting it here.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of beef (ham), has anyone seen the honey baked ham billboard on 34th by Goodwill? I'd probably be booted for posting it here.
Did it look like a giant clam?
honeybakedham.jpg

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
On his tape, he's played wr, te, lb, and de. Rivals has him listed at 195 pounds. LOL

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The issue I have here is that of all these 2-3 players, I'm just not seeing may of them making an impact. I get that we were able to see something in Perine before he got his 4th star and became wanted. Credit to the staff. And I understand that Jawaan Taylor and Zuniga have been pleasant surprises. But outside of that, I see too many guys that will need a ton of time to develop, and are more of the Gorman/Tevin Westbrook/McCullom twins types.

I see Gardner(4*), Cleveland(4*), Clayton(4*), Swain(4*), Hammond(4*) out there and making an impact. Last year Cece, Calloway(for law's sake don't do it), both Jordans and Ivey were big contributors. All 4-5* players.

Most of the 2-3*'s(Williamson, K Jackson, etc) are either sitting on the bench or making sizable mistakes when they're in. If not for the dire need at LB, Moon and possibly Reese never see the field this year. Even still, they look light years better than Rayshad Jackson(2*) from the previous year.

In the case of OL, not only did we need the bodies, it's also a position where development and experience can somewhat offset lack of elite talent, so I'm ok with those choices. The others, especially at the skill positions, are looking more and more like a 4 year commitment that nets UF football very little. Not sure why the coaches aren't seeing this.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The issue I have here is that of all these 2-3 players, I'm just not seeing may of them making an impact. I get that we were able to see something in Perine before he got his 4th star and became wanted. Credit to the staff. And I understand that Jawaan Taylor and Zuniga have been pleasant surprises. .
Add Reese as solid 3 star. We're about to see how much.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Add Reese as solid 3 star. We're about to see how much.

Yeah, I was on the fence about adding him to the "success" list just yet. But he has played hard. And as I said, not shockingly, he's been considerably better than 2* RJackson, who had a year head start on him.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PM it too me, I'm never on that side of town

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.